2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

Sllim Pickens

I know we all fall in love with players and get our hopes up about seeing them in a Lions uniform, but the pessimism I routinely see from friends and members on here is astounding. Feel disappointed sure, but give these young men a chance to prove themselves on the field before we turn on them upon arrival and make them hate their tenures in Detroit.

Ill be rooting for all of the guys we draft and root for their success. We could watch all the tape in the world and hold our judgements, but we have no idea how they’ll perform when they step on the football field for us.

1 minute ago, Dwight_Schrute said:

I know we all fall in love with players and get our hopes up about seeing them in a Lions uniform, but the pessimism I routinely see from friends and members on here is astounding. Feel disappointed sure, but give these young men a chance to prove themselves on the field before we turn on them upon arrival and make them hate their tenures in Detroit.

Ill be rooting for all of the guys we draft and root for their success. We could watch all the tape in the world and hold our judgements, but we have no idea how they’ll perform when they step on the football field for us.

Get lost pollyanna. I'm going to say what I think

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dwight_Schrute said:

Fans will give them a chance.

The player is excellent at what he does however some of us don’t see value in a first round TE.

17 minutes ago, Dwight_Schrute said:

All of us want to be proven wrong. There isn't one of us sitting here wanting to see this play out like we're expecting.

The problem is that we've seen this story over and over.

I get trying to be positive.  But I’ve done that before.  I used to post here so much because I was so intrigued with the draft and how this team would developed and it’s the same crappy garbage every year.  I hope Quinn gets fired and he can take his second rate coach with him.  This looks like the draft of a guy who wants to be fired.  Glad our first round C from last year was one of the worst rated guards on the season.  Glad the LB we took in the first two years ago still can’t cover anything.  Glad the LT we drafted in the first three years ago is likely not going to get an extension because he is trash.  Please Martha, sell the team to someone who cares. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dwight_Schrute said:

That’s true.  And I’ll admit i’ve been wrong before.  But most fans and media are right WAY more often than this sh%^ty team has been at drafting so i’m Sorry they don’t get the benefit of the doubt.  They just don’t.  We just spend a high second round pick in a draft when the depth is in the second on a LB who struggled against inferior talent to play in a Defense that plays nickel and dime 80% of the time.  So yeah this pick sucks.

Quinn drafting like the Patriots... Problem he's forgetting... we don't have Belichick to Coach these under-the-radar types up. I thinks he Drafted Gronk 2.0, but there's no Belichick. He Drafts an under-the-radar type in Round 2, but there's no Belichick. He signs 3 former Patriots in Free Agency, but there's no Belichick. This is gonna be another long season.

At least he is fast.  What a horrid draft.  Usually one or two of our top picks make sense.  None of these have made any sense to me.  I guess we like drafting back ups.  At least we are improving our depth.  

This has to be the least inspiring draft I can ever remember.  

• Like 1