Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

So for years we've complained how terrible Eric Tomlinson is. We get a guy with upside in the passing game who is a stout run blocker and people complain.  We also get an ILB in Cashman who some had mocked in the 2nd round and is a freak athlete and people complain.  I don't like Mac, we all know that, but at least these guys will help the team.  If you want to complain about Blessuan, I won't argue.

Edited by barnaby8787
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

So for years we've complained how terrible Eric Tomlinson is. We get a guy with upside in the passing game who is a stout run blocker and people complain.  We also get an ILB in Cashman who some had mocked in the 2nd round and is a freak athlete and people complain.  I don't like Mac, we all know that, but at least these guys will help the team.  If you want to complain about Blessuan, I won't argue.

So to me ... Wesco and Cashman are examples of BPA.  Blessuan is an example of taking a need position and stretching.  Obviously I don't know or have access to our big board - but we can agree CB is a position of need. 

44 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

IMO Macc screwed up yet again. Williams is a great player and I’ll agree to disagree that he was a great pick (I want an edge rusher). But Polite and Edoga were great picks. After that Macc was Macc IMO and the draft was just awful. In typical macc fashion... I expect every player we drafted after those 3 to be off the roster within 3-4 years.

If we hit on those first 3, then this draft class is a huge success. 

Dang it.   I would prefer Josh Allen and Justin Layne.    Polite has a legit chance to be the king of Gregg Williams' doghouse.  yuck!

With the track of Maccagnan, it is really difficult to trust his prospects of late to excel something but we will see how they fare out under Adam Gase.   Last three picks fit well. Blessuan Austin was standout during practices but his wimpy legs killed his value as top CB.  Trevon Wesco was a solid blocker in both run and pass but I don't believe he had played as a full time TE for the Mountaineers.  Blake Cashman was a popular LB for day 3 discussion in other club.  Very fluid in space with football instinct.

Not going to waste my time whining about should Jets pick other prospects than taken prospects because all of them get similar chance for Adam Gase.  If they like them then they better utilize or develop kids right.  Simple.

Hey... I am very very very happy about there was zero trade for qb in 1st round.   I believe I mentioned that there was a chance that there was no CB taken in 1st before and in real life, Only one CB is taken in 1st.  Almost. lol.

If Dolphins ended up owning #1 for 2020 then there would be good chance that Josh Rosen was knocked off by #1 qb in back to back seasons.  Damned if it happened. heh.

9 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Would be very bizarre if this happens.  Can't recall a GM leaving a team right after the draft... can anyone else?

Me neither.   I believe John Dorsey was the closest one.  one month or two after the draft

Edit: Correction.  Doug Whaley was fired one day after the draft.

Edited by JetsandI

14 minutes ago, Karmaloop said:

Didn't it happen to the Bills a couple years ago? 

14 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Me neither.   I believe John Dorsey was the closest one.  one month or two after the draft

Edit: Correction.  Doug Whaley was fired one day after the draft.

Not exactly franchises to model after ..LOL.  We will see.  Would be a very dysfunctional move for sure ... and would seem to me to reinforce that Gase is hard to work with dialog that Miami said.  Which is not good no matter the GM.

Edited by JetsFan15
  • Like 1