Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

19 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Whaley did two years ago 

It is really not the same thing as rumored with Macc. 

Buddy Nix did not get fired when Gailey did but the plan was for him to leave after grooming his successor. Whaley had been in the Bills FO since 2010 when Nix stepped down in May of 2013 and Whaley took over. 

So the Nix to Whaley move was planned for months.

If we fire Macc and go outside the organization it is a totally different situation than Whaley.  The timing would be bad and paint the organization worse than we usually are.  If they want to move on from Macc better to do so in season and pull a Browns in hiring a guy late in the season before major competition starts. 

Edited by JetsFan15

26 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

It is really not the same thing as rumored with Macc. 

Buddy Nix did not get fired when Gailey did but the plan was for him to leave after grooming his successor. Whaley had been in the Bills FO since 2010 when Nix stepped down in May of 2013 and Whaley took over. 

So the Nix to Whaley move was planned for months.

If we fire Macc and go outside the organization it is a totally different situation than Whaley.  The timing would be bad and paint the organization worse than we usually are.  If they want to move on from Macc better to do so in season and pull a Browns in hiring a guy late in the season before major competition starts. 

I’m not comparing the two situations necessarily, just saying it happened. 

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

I’m not comparing the two situations necessarily, just saying it happened. 

Not trying to be argumentative but is not the same thing.  So firing the GM directly after the draft did not happen with Whaley. IT was a planned exit for months.

Rumor are firing Macc and replacing him with someone outside the organization because Macc and Gase are not seeing eye to eye (GM vs. Coach).  That was not the case with the Bills.  Their GM did not go through the entire FA and Draft believing he was going to be there.  The plan all along was for him to leave and groom and in-house candidate. 

If rumors are true about Macc this would be a different level of dysfunction.

2 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Not trying to be argumentative but is not the same thing.  So firing the GM directly after the draft did not happen with Whaley. IT was a planned exit for months.

Rumor are firing Macc and replacing him with someone outside the organization because Macc and Gase are not seeing eye to eye (GM vs. Coach).  That was not the case with the Bills.  Their GM did not go through the entire FA and Draft believing he was going to be there.  The plan all along was for him to leave and groom and in-house candidate. 

If rumors are true about Macc this would be a different level of dysfunction.

LOL, I thought you were saying when the GM exits right after the draft bud. Again, not comparing the two situations. 

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

LOL, I thought you were saying when the GM exits right after the draft bud. Again, not comparing the two situations. 

Gotcha bro.  No I was saying a forced/fired exit. 

Edited by JetsFan15
  • Like 1