Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

Was just reading through and thought I'd chime in on the Bills situation a few years ago.

After Sean McDermott was hired he became the man in the front office. Rumour has it he was allowed to completely scrap the draft board and move players where he saw fit. He also had final say on selection of players during the 2017 draft. After the draft Whaley was officially removed from the team. 

Edited by Trentwannabe

The negatives to what we’ve done are this....

1. We still don’t have an edge rusher. I hope Polite will prove me wrong. But until he does, I’ll still stand by that we have no edge rusher.

2. Robby is our only outside WR. We can play Enunwa on the outside, but he’s best in the slot. But since we paid Crowder and he pretty much can only play in the slot... Enunwa will have to play out wide. Where he might not be as good. Overall our WR group isn’t bad. But a 4th WR that can play outside I think should’ve been addressed some how.

3. Still no C. It’s clear that we must value Harrison more than we think. But at the moment we have no backup C.

4. No youth at RB. Not a big problem bc we have a go to guy. But I would have liked to add a rookie to mix in the Bell and learn from him. Maybe next year.

5. I think our last few picks were just not good. Either the player I don’t value or I think we drafted a guy late at a position we have too many guys at, so they won’t play. So they’ll be gone quickly. When their were WRs, OLineman and RBs available that could contribute at those picks.

Overall I give the draft a B-

54 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The negatives to what we’ve done are this....

1. We still don’t have an edge rusher. I hope Polite will prove me wrong. But until he does, I’ll still stand by that we have no edge rusher.

2. Robby is our only outside WR. We can play Enunwa on the outside, but he’s best in the slot. But since we paid Crowder and he pretty much can only play in the slot... Enunwa will have to play out wide. Where he might not be as good. Overall our WR group isn’t bad. But a 4th WR that can play outside I think should’ve been addressed some how.

3. Still no C. It’s clear that we must value Harrison more than we think. But at the moment we have no backup C.

4. No youth at RB. Not a big problem bc we have a go to guy. But I would have liked to add a rookie to mix in the Bell and learn from him. Maybe next year.

5. I think our last few picks were just not good. Either the player I don’t value or I think we drafted a guy late at a position we have too many guys at, so they won’t play. So they’ll be gone quickly. When their were WRs, OLineman and RBs available that could contribute at those picks.

Overall I give the draft a B-

Polite was a 1st round lock before his horrific combine. Some had him top 20 and he had a top 5 pass rush grade per PFF. Talent is not the issue. Attitude might be. Also, Enunwa might be better in the outside. We just don’t know. That was the offense we ran. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Bobby816 will never be happy. If we got Allen, Williams and Bradbury he would still be mad we did not get a CB or go to WR. I give this draft a B+ for what we had to work with. 

When we consistently draft bad and get the wrong players... yes I’ll criticize the way our team is ran. And our record every year shows that we shouldn’t be happy as a fan base. I’m a realist. Not an optimist or pessimist. I’ve seen this team load on on DLine and LB with no edge. And didn’t equal wins. So yes it’s hard for me to get excited about Williams. I said I like the Polite pick and the Edoga pick. After that I didn’t like our picks. So it’s hard for me to give us a great grade when I only like 2 of our picks. 

24 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Polite was a 1st round lock before his horrific combine. Some had him top 20 and he had a top 5 pass rush grade per PFF. Talent is not the issue. Attitude might be. Also, Enunwa might be better in the outside. We just don’t know. That was the offense we ran. 

I liked the Polite pick. I just need to see him produce to say edge wasn’t answered. As I stated I hope he is our answer and it’s not another useless Macc draft pick. But there are concerns. That’s why he was there in the mid 3rd

36 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I watch every Florida Gator game last year down here in Florida. It is really hard for me to judge Polite because the Gator defense was loaded with so many talent players. The gator for the last two years had the worst if not one of the worst offensive in the country because they had no QB for two years. All I can say is their defense was outstanding and he was a part of it. I put very little into this combine stuff. This kid could be a steal,  it has been years since we had a later round draft pick end up being a star player, maybe this is the guy.

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Bobby816 will never be happy. If we got Allen, Williams and Bradbury he would still be mad we did not get a CB or go to WR. I give this draft a B+ for what we had to work with. 

Only | difference between you and him?  Interesting. lol.