Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I liked the Polite pick. I just need to see him produce to say edge wasn’t answered. As I stated I hope he is our answer and it’s not another useless Macc draft pick. But there are concerns. That’s why he was there in the mid 3rd

He is a solid pass rusher but HAS a potential to be a complete Edge.   2 major problems that limits him as a pro player.   Maturity and weight control(Good and Bad difference).

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Only | difference between you and him?  Interesting. lol.

We were so limited with the few draft picks we had, there was no way we could get a WR, DB, Edge rusher, and center with the few picks we had, and where picked. Not having a second round pick was the killer. 

6 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

We were so limited with the few draft picks we had, there was no way we could get a WR, DB, Edge rusher, and center with the few picks we had, and where picked. Not having a second round pick was the killer. 

Yeah..   Next year's draft class is apparently loaded with OT, Edge and WR.  Let's hope both 3rd rounders show some promises so we draft 1st round WR. 

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Obviously can get everything. But some of the positions we drafted are head scratching. We also had plenty of picks. We had 6 picks. It’s not like we had 3

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Obviously can get everything. But some of the positions we drafted are head scratching. We also had plenty of picks. We had 6 picks. It’s not like we had 3

I have never been a big fan for fifth, sixth & seven round picks. Most of the time they end up on the practice squad. Sure there have been guys that were picked in the last three rounds that became big stars, but %"s are against you.

I like the first half of the draft & some of the UDFA we picked up. If Polite would have responded to the interviews differently & ran a little faster in his 40, he would have been a 1-2 round pick. Williams isn't the guy most of us wanted, but he may be the guy we need. Top 3 sack leaders came from Watt, Donald, and Jones. QW could be that type of player if used correctly. The rotation between him, Leo, and Anderson will be fun to watch. Just need a true NT to anchor our 3-4 looks. 

But I really like this list of UDFA's. I had the chance to check them out. 

Greg Dortch - Is being compared to Crowder and has great return skills. From the slot, he graded higher than all the WR's. Great shot of making the team. 

Jalin Moore - I actually mocked him to us. He was killing it before his last injury. If he's 100%, I think he makes it. 

Wyatt Miller - I don't have high expectations for him, but he has experience playing at LT/RT for a explosive offense. 

Toa Lobendahn - I'm interested because he played every position on the line + played with a pectoral injury. Was recruited as a Center. Makes me wonder if he was stuck in a bad situation and if the injury affected his play. 

Tyler Jones - Looked great against Clemson and is a zone blocking fit. 

Trevon Sanders - is the type of NT I've been looking for. I'm rooting for him. 

Jabril Frazier - Great combine results and 18 career sacks. I could see him making the PS and developing. 

Jeffery Allison -  126 tackles & 132 tackles his last 2 years. He won't see the field, but another good PS/Developing player. He dropped some weight and that's a good thing. 

Kyron Brown - Seems to be on everyone's sleeper list. Jumped 40 inches, 4.5 speed, big CB, and has been described as physical. 

John Battle - LSU DB, great special teams guy. 

Santos Ramirez - reminds me of Rontez Miles with better coverage skills (But not great). I love it. He can play that LB/SS/FS rotation role. 

Out of this group, I can see Ramirez, Brown, Frazier, Sanders, Lobendahn, Moore, and Dortch getting a good shot to make the roster or compete for a spot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I liked the Polite pick. I just need to see him produce to say edge wasn’t answered. As I stated I hope he is our answer and it’s not another useless Macc draft pick. But there are concerns. That’s why he was there in the mid 3rd

You can say that about any rookie though.  Even if we drafted Allen at 3 we really wouldn't have felt like edge was solved until he went out and proved it.  I like Allen but he wasn't a can't miss prospect.  Polite is a more refined pass rusher at this point.  Might not have Allens ceiling but i like Polite a ton.

So here’s my draft grades...

1. Williams (A-): He’s an A+ talent. Just is at a position we didn’t need. Really hoping he can be worth his draft spot. We drafted Leo when he was BPA and IMO he hasn’t lived up to his hype. Still a good player but not a force. Hopefully Quinnen can be a force.

3. Polite (A-): He’s a great talent that if he was mature might have gone late Round 1 early Round 2. Has weight issues and a poor attitude. Sometimes these guys mature and can be a steal. Other times they amount to nothing. He’s worth the risk for us. But time will tell if he was a steal. 

3. Edoga (B+): Great pass blocker and very athletic. Which fits our blocking scheme. Needs coached up on his run blocking but I think he can be a starter for us in 2020. Has the potential to be our LT for awhile.

4. Wesco (C): This was a head scratching pick for me. Herndon looks like he’s the real deal and there’s ok depth after him. Wesco can block but I think their were players on the board that could’ve helped us a lot more than just a blocking TE.

5. Cashman (C+): This is a guy if we drafted and we didn’t sign Mosley I’d give a better grade of. I think he is talented instinctual player, which is great at LB. but he’s 4th or 5th on the depth chart as it stands now. Once again their were guys on the board that could help this team a lot more.

6. Cashman (D): Guy simply just wasn’t good most of his career. Has had a couple big injuries and is really getting drafted bc he showed flashes this last year before getting injured. Rather useless pick if you ask me.

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I like the first half of the draft & some of the UDFA we picked up. If Polite would have responded to the interviews differently & ran a little faster in his 40, he would have been a 1-2 round pick. Williams isn't the guy most of us wanted, but he may be the guy we need. Top 3 sack leaders came from Watt, Donald, and Jones. QW could be that type of player if used correctly. The rotation between him, Leo, and Anderson will be fun to watch. Just need a true NT to anchor our 3-4 looks. 

But I really like this list of UDFA's. I had the chance to check them out. 

Greg Dortch - Is being compared to Crowder and has great return skills. From the slot, he graded higher than all the WR's. Great shot of making the team. 

Jalin Moore - I actually mocked him to us. He was killing it before his last injury. If he's 100%, I think he makes it. 

Wyatt Miller - I don't have high expectations for him, but he has experience playing at LT/RT for a explosive offense. 

Toa Lobendahn - I'm interested because he played every position on the line + played with a pectoral injury. Was recruited as a Center. Makes me wonder if he was stuck in a bad situation and if the injury affected his play. 

Tyler Jones - Looked great against Clemson and is a zone blocking fit. 

Trevon Sanders - is the type of NT I've been looking for. I'm rooting for him. 

Jabril Frazier - Great combine results and 18 career sacks. I could see him making the PS and developing. 

Jeffery Allison -  126 tackles & 132 tackles his last 2 years. He won't see the field, but another good PS/Developing player. He dropped some weight and that's a good thing. 

Kyron Brown - Seems to be on everyone's sleeper list. Jumped 40 inches, 4.5 speed, big CB, and has been described as physical. 

John Battle - LSU DB, great special teams guy. 

Santos Ramirez - reminds me of Rontez Miles with better coverage skills (But not great). I love it. He can play that LB/SS/FS rotation role. 

Out of this group, I can see Ramirez, Brown, Frazier, Sanders, Lobendahn, Moore, and Dortch getting a good shot to make the roster or compete for a spot. 

Thanks for that write up mate as il be honest I didn’t know much about the UDFA we signed. 

The thing that is most apparent is you listed 7 guys who potentially could make the 53, which when you think about it kind of sums up the talent level of our team. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

When we consistently draft bad and get the wrong players... yes I’ll criticize the way our team is ran. And our record every year shows that we shouldn’t be happy as a fan base. I’m a realist. Not an optimist or pessimist. I’ve seen this team load on on DLine and LB with no edge. And didn’t equal wins. So yes it’s hard for me to get excited about Williams. I said I like the Polite pick and the Edoga pick. After that I didn’t like our picks. So it’s hard for me to give us a great grade when I only like 2 of our picks. 

I am sorry bro but not seeing any of the players we just drafted play in NYJ uniform and saying they are bad picks IS being a pessimist.  If you bashed the picks after the season because of their performance or lack of performance on the field then you are being a realist.  Basing a day after the draft is being a glass half empty guy.

9 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Thanks for that write up mate as il be honest I didn’t know much about the UDFA we signed. 

The thing that is most apparent is you listed 7 guys who potentially could make the 53, which when you think about it kind of sums up the talent level of our team. 

It's really just about the current depth. As of right now, Sanders best chance of making the team is proving he can play NT. Not much competition there at the moment. Dortch probably would have been drafted if he was taller. I can see him making it off his punt return skills. Moore will have a challenge because of McGuire, Cannon, and Montgomery. So he maybe PS, but he's a really good pick up.