Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Days, weeks, it was after the draft during a time in which GMs are usually fired. 

Days and weeks are bigger deal and a lot different then a couple months.  Would speak to the fact that the organization made a decision prior to the draft to remove the GM but allowed the GM to manage the FA and draft process. This would be major dysfunction and just plain horrible leadership to entrust the two major factors that affect the organization both short and long term to a person who does not have 100% support of ownership.  Not to mention in our case he had major input into the coaching search. SO yes days and weeks after all this is a much bigger deal than months.  .

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Macc should have been fired, we all know this. I dont care when they do it and I dont care about perceived dysfunction. Get a guy in here who knows what he's doing.

No top candidate would come in like that nor would they want to be here if you can get the rug pulled out from under them.  Whether you like Macc or not you should understand that and how bad it would be for the organization to attract top employees and executives now and in the future.

7 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

No top candidate would come in like that nor would they want to be here if you can get the rug pulled out from under them.  Whether you like Macc or not you should understand that and how bad it would be for the organization to attract top employees and executives now and in the future.

How do you know that? There's only 32 jobs like this.

I am not really a Macc supporter and think he should have been fired with Bowles, but we are becoming a much deeper team very quickly.  I think this offseason would be viewed much differently if we ended up signing Matt Paradis. 

I think everything else was really well done now that the draft is over.  We added to our offensive weapons, got a much needed upgrade at swing tackle or best case scenario an upgrade at starter.  We strengthened the hell out of someplace that was already a strength with Quinnen who was the best player in the draft imo.  Our off ball LBer spot is crazy deep, with Mosley, Williamson, Lee, Cashman, and Hewitt... it is almost too deep.  

If we resign Mo Claiborne I will feel much better about our CB group which i already think has a chance to be better than expected.  I really like Derek Jones, Parry Nickerson has the tools and just needs to put them together, Roberts had a really nice stretch last year, we drafted a guy who has ability if he can get and stay healthy and hopefully develop into something.  

I think Trevon Wesco has a chance to be a real big upgrade over ET.  Certainly a better blocker, but go watch him run routes at his pro day and the senior bowl, he is a real smooth mover with natural hands.  He was a favorite of a lot of scouts for a reason... his college coach also said he was the best player on the team no question, and that team had like 3 or 4 people drafted this year. 

But then it all comes back to center.  Macc always has to leave something annoying.  He glossed over what was probably the most important upgrade we could have made this year.  We have no choice but to sign Weisnewski and have him and Harrison have a scrub off to see who gets to be least bad in front of Sam.

One last thing that could be a cherry on top of this offseason is swinging a trade for Clowney for 2020 picks, and we have the scariest front 7 in the league possibly.  

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

How do you know that? There's only 32 jobs like this.

Because is speaks to lack of leadership and commitment by the owners.  Your personal feelings on Macc are clouding your judgement here.

You don't make a decision to keep a GM just three months ago.  Allow him to make all the moves he has, spend 100 million in cap space and run a draft then totally reverse course and cut him lose.  It would reek of a lack of stability and any one that respects themselves would not want to be put in that situation.  If the Johnson's wanted him gone they should have done so with Bowles.  

The other factor is by all accounts he has had a very good two to three year run.  Adams, Maye, Darnold, Herndon, Bell, Mosley, Osemele, Crowder,. Tru, Poole, and Q are very good additions that have dramatically changed the talent level on this team. Rome was not built in a day but he is moving us forward. 

When you factor all this in - yes if they pulled the plug now other's would shy away from this job. Good talent does not want to go to a place that is always in chaos and dysfunction. 

You wre correct,  if you fire him fire him when bowles was fired.  This just seems dysfunctional since maccagnan hired his first hc, signed fas, drafted 3rd overall.  Seems flat out dysfunctional to not allow a new gm to use those significant resources instead of letti g a gm you are gonna fire do it... in the most important offseason in a decade 

And imo maccagnan has not been as bad as some think. Hes nothinh special,  but he hasnt been trash, especially if Darnold is a franchise qb. Hes the gm who madde the bold trade to alter the franchise.

This team was a mess, we are looking to be heading in the right direction. 

The player we tried trading up for in round 2 was Mecole Hardman. If I'm reading the report correctly, we had an agreement in place with the Eagles (#57) if he were there, but the Chiefs ended up agreeing to a deal with the Rams for #56. 

Kind of expected Adam Gase would've wanted him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Because is speaks to lack of leadership and commitment by the owners.  Your personal feelings on Macc are clouding your judgement here.

You don't make a decision to keep a GM just three months ago.  Allow him to make all the moves he has, spend 100 million in cap space and run a draft then totally reverse course and cut him lose.  It would reek of a lack of stability and any one that respects themselves would not want to be put in that situation.  If the Johnson's wanted him gone they should have done so with Bowles.  

The other factor is by all accounts he has had a very good two to three year run.  Adams, Maye, Darnold, Herndon, Bell, Mosley, Osemele, Crowder,. Tru, Poole, and Q are very good additions that have dramatically changed the talent level on this team. Rome was not built in a day but he is moving us forward. 

When you factor all this in - yes if they pulled the plug now other's would shy away from this job. Good talent does not want to go to a place that is always in chaos and dysfunction. 

Rome was not built in a day man dude has had 5 years lol. 

Good talent gets drafted and if they sign somewhere they’ll sign where the money is(CJ Mosley isn’t here because we have good leadership, he took the money) 

Macc has far too many empty drafts, he doesn’t know how to maneuver around and make the most of his assets.

By all accounts he’s a bad GM, terrible and indecisive. We have to do what’s best for our organization and worrying about the perception isn’t something that will impact us long term. The Browns were a laughing stock who changed GMs every other year and Dorsey went there, Wolf followed from Green Bay of all places to work with him.

What’s done is done, Macc has to go. We need someone who can identify talent and start helping build an identity.

Think about it this way, teams like the Pats, Seahawks, Steelers can see guys and say he fits what we do, he’s one of our kind of guys. 

We don’t have that, we lack identity. That’s on Macc. There’s not a single player on this team I saw before we brought him in and said that guys a Jet. 

The longer Macc stays, the longer we’re holding ourselves back. Hopefully Gase and Williams can overcome his ineptitude.

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

The player we tried trading up for in round 2 was Mecole Hardman. If I'm reading the report correctly, we had an agreement in place with the Eagles (#57) if he were there, but the Chiefs ended up agreeing to a deal with the Rams for #56. 

Kind of expected Adam Gase would've wanted him. 

He was a player I really liked. Damn.