Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What moves have worked out? 

We’ve picked in the top 6 his last 3 seasons. What talent has he added that makes you say he’s the guy to continue leading us forward. 

In that case Idzik deserves some credit. 

You’re an apologist who supports mediocrity and we ain’t even mediocre we’re worse. 

Macc just declined the 5th year option on the only first round pick he had outside the top 6. Tells you everything you need to know about his ability to identify talent. And I like Lee.

Umm .. Adams, Darnold and Q the past three years.  I will line up those three picks vs. anyone else's past top 1st round picks the past three years.

Lee is not the only player to not have a 5th year option picked up in case you did not know. 

I am no apologizing for Macc nor saying he is the best GM in the league.  Simply saying guys on here that call him the worst are wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You pick that one example which is funny to me. Bc quite frankly every other pick you can choose has been a fail by Macc.

You decided to reference that draft not me. Typical Bobby backtrack lol

Not to mention he drafts guys avoiding need. I’ll use Leo as an example not Q bc he hasn’t played for us. But to throw out the window need at all and draft a guy when you have 2 very good players already at that spot is ok. And ok under 1 condition. That guy is incredible. I’m talking top 3 in the league. Is Leo a top 3 DLineman in the NFL? Not even close. Probably not even top 15. So people look at the Leo pick as a success, and I don’t at all. And I feel the same way about Q. But he can prove me wrong and perhaps be incredible. But that’s my expectations from him. Bc for us to not go a different direction when we have Leo and Anderson... he better be incredible. 

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

The way we use Maye we could find comparable production from a plethora of guys around the league. 

Only guys Macc has found was Herndon and I knew Herndon was gonna be good(I’m a Miami fan) and Robby. 

Maye / Adams combo under Williams will be very interesting.

3 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Umm .. Adams, Darnold and Q the past three years.  I will line up those three picks vs. anyone else's past top 1st round picks the past three years.

Lee is not the only player to not have a 5th year option picked up in case you did not know. 

I am no apologizing for Macc nor saying he is the best GM in the league.  Simply saying guys on here that call him the worst are wrong. 

Adams and Darnold were gifted to him, he does not get credit for obvious choices. Q as well. How are you giving him credit for that? 

It doesn’t matter if he’s not the worst, he’s terrible. 

How many 2/3/4 rounders has he hit on? 2? 

How many 5/6/7 gems has he found? 0

Giving Macc credit for Adams, Darnold, Leo and Q is like saying Ryan Grigson found Andrew Luck. 

• Like 1

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

You decided to reference that draft not me. Typical Bobby backtrack lol

Well then touch on some other picks Macc has made please that were so good. Please tell me 7 good picks by Macc after Round 1 not including Maye. Please... you have 24 picks to choose from.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not to mention he drafts guys avoiding need. I’ll use Leo as an example not Q bc he hasn’t played for us. But to throw out the window need at all and draft a guy when you have 2 very good players already at that spot is ok. And ok under 1 condition. That guy is incredible. I’m talking top 3 in the league. Is Leo a top 3 DLineman in the NFL? Not even close. Probably not even top 15. So people look at the Leo pick as a success, and I don’t at all. And I feel the same way about Q. But he can prove me wrong and perhaps be incredible. But that’s my expectations from him. Bc for us to not go a different direction when we have Leo and Anderson... he better be incredible. 

Even with the benefit of hindsight ... not many players from Leo's draft I would take before him at 6 frankly. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Adams and Darnold were gifted to him, he does not get credit for obvious choices. Q as well. How are you giving him credit for that? 

It doesn’t matter if he’s not the worst, he’s terrible. 

How many 2/3/4 rounders has he hit on? 2? 

How many 5/6/7 gems has he found? 0

Giving Macc credit for Adams, Darnold, Leo and Q is like saying Ryan Grigson found Andrew Luck. 

Stopped reading after that part.  Totally transparent statement John Idzik ...lol.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well then touch on some other picks Macc has made please that were so good. Please tell me 7 good picks by Macc after Round 1 not including Maye. Please... you have 24 picks to choose from.

Leo, Lee, Adams, Maye, Q, Darnold, Herndon, Shell, Nickerson, McGuire, Edwards and Jenkins are all guys who will / can / have contributed.  I like Polite and Edgoa as well but wont count them.

Again given the low success rate of all drafted players this is not bad .... can be better but not the worst like you claim.

1 minute ago, JetsFan15 said:

Leo, Lee, Adams, Maye, Q, Darnold, Herndon, Shell, Nickerson, McGuire, Edwards and Jenkins are all guys who will / can / have contributed.  I like Polite and Edgoa as well but wont count them.

Again given the low success rate of all drafted players this is not bad .... can be better but not the worst like you claim.

I said not including 1st rounders and Maye. So you named 6 besides that. And most of them are average to below average. There’s 1 good pick in there in Herndon (and that’s actually the gun on him bc he’s only played 1 year), Shell and Jenkins atleast play. But aren’t good.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya Gurley and Gordon are crap.

Gurely is a RB who had a knee issue coming into the draft and now looks like he will be out of the league very soon due to the same knee issue.   Gordon is a nice player but not 6, again a RB who is not at the AP or Barkley level so taking in the top 10 is not wise IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I said not including 1st rounders and Maye. So you named 6 besides that. And most of them are average to below average. There’s 1 good pick in there in Herndon (and that’s actually the gun on him bc he’s only played 1 year), Shell and Jenkins atleast play. But aren’t good.

Shell or Jenkins > Elfien   LOL