Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

18 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Hollywood is a lot more dynamic than Dortch is. Granted, again, I really like Dortch. 

I like Dortch too. But fact is, is the only way he's making the team is as a return man. And we actually brought in a couple other guys that are good return guys. So it will not be easy for him to win the job. Odds are stacked against him making the roster. Especially since his size limits him to the slot and where we actually need depth is on the outside.

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I like Dortch too. But fact is, is the only way he's making the team is as a return man. And we actually brought in a couple other guys that are good return guys. So it will not be easy for him to win the job. Odds are stacked against him making the roster. Especially since his size limits him to the slot and where we actually need depth is on the outside.

A lot have him making the roster actually.  Robby, Q, Burnett, and Bellamy will all play on the outside. 

I actually like Burnett as the #4.  Great chemistry with Sam, flashed big time in camp with TEN, and when he came he made plays when he was targeted.  I mean we all want a developmental WR and we have a guy who is only 21 and flashed some so what's the problem.  I mean he caught 10 of 15 targets last year.

Are we really arguing about our fourth receiver right now? 😂

This is worse than when we were freaking out in 2010 for not having a backup blocking tight end. Stop. If that's why you're annoyed with little mac you have issues. 

Dortch is UDFA so it doesn't matter if he makes it on the roster or not.  Biggest problem with him is he doesn't play physically that much as defense always played off press against him.  Other than that, he is really fluid.

8 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Hollywood is a lot more dynamic than Dortch is. Granted, again, I really like Dortch. 

He was in a LOT more dynamic offense.  Dee Dee Westbrook had a WAY better year in 2016 than Hollywood has ever had, with over 200 more yards and 7 more TD's than Brown has ever had.  He was also 3 inches taller and weighed 12 more pounds than Brown did at the combine, AND Dee Dee ran a 4.34 at his pro day, and wasn't coming off of lisfranc injury.  Dude was taken in the 4th round..... it makes no sense.  

Hollywood only had 240 more yards than Dortch this year while playing in the #4 passing offense in the nation.  Wake Forest was 55th.  That isn't comparing apples to apples and the dude still had similar production.  

I guess my point is that Brown was over drafted, and Dortch was underdrafted, and Brown probably has the higher ceiling, but i really don't think they are as far apart as their draft value would dictate.  

19 hours ago, rampantjet said:

He was in a LOT more dynamic offense.  Dee Dee Westbrook had a WAY better year in 2016 than Hollywood has ever had, with over 200 more yards and 7 more TD's than Brown has ever had.  He was also 3 inches taller and weighed 12 more pounds than Brown did at the combine, AND Dee Dee ran a 4.34 at his pro day, and wasn't coming off of lisfranc injury.  Dude was taken in the 4th round..... it makes no sense.  

Hollywood only had 240 more yards than Dortch this year while playing in the #4 passing offense in the nation.  Wake Forest was 55th.  That isn't comparing apples to apples and the dude still had similar production.  

I guess my point is that Brown was over drafted, and Dortch was underdrafted, and Brown probably has the higher ceiling, but i really don't think they are as far apart as their draft value would dictate.  

I think Brown is thought of more along the lines of Hill, someone that can turn a short pass into a big gain. Dortch is much slower and is probably not a big YAC guy. 

There are always odd decisions on draft day. Harry is 6’4, 213 lbs , had 73 receptions for 1158 yards and 9 TDS. He went in the first round. Meanwhile David Sills is 6’4 210, with 66 receptions 968 yds and 15 TDS (18 the year before) and Preston Williams is 6’4, 210 with 95 rec, 1345 yds 14TDa They both went Undrafted.

I think Dede was undervalued but I think he was believed to be more a deep threat similar to Robby, than a weapon like Hill.

39 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I think Brown is thought of more along the lines of Hill, someone that can turn a short pass into a big gain. Dortch is much slower and is probably not a big YAC guy. 

There are always odd decisions on draft day. Harry is 6’4, 213 lbs , had 73 receptions for 1158 yards and 9 TDS. He went in the first round. Meanwhile David Sills is 6’4 210, with 66 receptions 968 yds and 15 TDS (18 the year before) and Preston Williams is 6’4, 210 with 95 rec, 1345 yds 14TDa They both went Undrafted.

I think Dede was undervalued but I think he was believed to be more a deep threat similar to Robby, than a weapon like Hill.

WR stats are skewed so bad its a fraction of what should be taken into consideration with them. There's so many spread offenses slinging the ball around where an average WR can put up Heisman numbers. I'm a Texas Tech alum and 2 WR every year from TTU put up godly stats, but rarely are they actually great WRs. Its just the system they're in. I guy like CeeDee Lamb is a guy that should be a star at both levels at OU, when some of the recent guys are a product of a great QB and a system at OU rather than an induvial whos great at WR.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

WR stats are skewed so bad its a fraction of what should be taken into consideration with them. There's so many spread offenses slinging the ball around where an average WR can put up Heisman numbers. I'm a Texas Tech alum and 2 WR every year from TTU put up godly stats, but rarely are they actually great WRs. Its just the system they're in. I guy like CeeDee Lamb is a guy that should be a star at both levels at OU, when some of the recent guys are a product of a great QB and a system at OU rather than an induvial whos great at WR.

Agreed. When it comes to WR, I seriously believe most scouts get so enamored with stats and speed they forget or do not know what makes a good NFL WR. Hands, route running including get into and out breaks, and the ability to get open are infinitely more important than straight line speed and college stats. IIRC the greatest WR in the history of the NFL ran a 4.68 40. 

8 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I'd say Dortch is a better YAC guy than Brown.  He is far more elusive.  And I think a healthy Brown wins in a foot race, but not by a massive amount.  They were getting similar separation on deep balls.  Brown got a lot of YAC by just running straight and being wide open to begin with.  

Also N'keal was only 6'2 at the combine but he did weigh 228.... not sure where you are getting your measurables, but Davis sills was 6'3 at the combine.