Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would rather use Lee as an edge and keep out two 3rd picks.

Lee isn’t a pass rusher, good A gap blitzer but that’s about it. Move him for whatever value we can get and take a shot on needs else where.

17 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

This is by no means the best approach, but if Mac gets back into the 2nd round, I could see him taking a receiver and then swinging Robby for a 3rd. Not ideal, but he’s prob not going to want to have three receivers with big contracts next year. 

If it’s AJ or DK I’d understand but I think it be stupid, Robby and Sam really had a good connection the last few weeks of the season and that’s something I’d like for them to keep

42 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Wowzah. I bet they’re pissed that he didn’t trade down. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/RajPC1/status/1121798813813891072

Does this mean that the coaching staff did not sign off on the Q pick? Some Jets fans are ok with the pick because they trust Gregg Williams. Any actual comments from either Gase or Gregg that this was someone they couldn't pass up? Bowles looked ecstatic when we picked Darnold. Well as happy as he can look that is. 

Other reports have said that Gase is not holding a press conference after the draft. He was also not there when Macc made the call to Q. This was Macc's pick.

Doesn't surprise me if the coaching staff reacted they way most Jets fans reacted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Does this mean that the coaching staff did not sign off on the Q pick? Some Jets fans are ok with the pick because they trust Gregg Williams. Any actual comments from either Gase or Gregg that this was someone they couldn't pass up? Bowles looked ecstatic when we picked Darnold. Well as happy as he can look that is. 

Other reports have said that Gase is not holding a press conference after the draft. He was also not there when Macc made the call to Q. This was Macc's pick.

Doesn't surprise me if the coaching staff reacted they way most Jets fans reacted.

The part about Gase is nothing. He didn't attend the draft conferences in Miami either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Most Jets fans? I see a lot of Jets fans thrilled with the pick.