2019 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Chiefs_5627

1 minute ago, Bullyball said:

I would love to get a pick in the 4th round and get either Julian Love, Amani Oruwariye, Hakeem Butler, Kelvin Harmon, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Mack Wilson.

There's great value, I dont see how we can obtain a pick, though. Unless we trade next years picks.

Oruwariye is the best fit for Spags' defense if we could somehow trade up and decide to take a corner. Mack, though? He's a 3-4 thumper and that's about it. I don't trust him not to overrun plays or to drop back in coverage, even on shallow routes. On tape, he looks like he's all instinct and no brain.

Edited by VexMilkWaterfall

Well, we didn't get a corner, but I"m pleasantly surprised by the picks!

It would make me feel a lot better if I didn't think Tyreek had already played his last down as a Chief.

Tyreek and Hardman would have been fun to have on the field together.

13 minutes ago, heafstaag said:

Well, we didn't get a corner, but I"m pleasantly surprised by the picks!

It would make me feel a lot better if I didn't think Tyreek had already played his last down as a Chief.

Tyreek and Hardman would have been fun to have on the field together.

Maybe Thornhill gets some play at Corner.

D2 recap, and I like this draft much better than last one already. We got a WR who has the same profile than Tyreek Hill. It would be foolish to think he cap replace Hill just like that, but he can give us that field strecther that we don't have if Hill is gone. Thornhill I really like. Saunders is the type of guy we needed. I think he cam come in 3rd down package as he offers more pass rushing abilities than Nnadi/Xavier/Hamilton.

Only regret I have is, instead of trading up for Mecole, given the depth at WR in this class (Isabella or McLaurin would have done the trick for me at 61), I'd rather have traded up for Layne in the 3rd.

A- so far

• Like 1

We came into the draft with no obvious holes. This is good, because we drafted no immediate starters. However, all of the players drafted have starting potential and will likely contribute on ST or in the rotation from day #1.

Given that no CB was picked, some will question the trade for Frank Clark. However, he is an instant starter and clearly better than anyone available at the end of Day #1.

The trade up in round #2 also looks better in hindsight. There was a massive run on CB ahead of us, but we had nearly our pick of the 2nd tier WR, initiating another massive run. 

Rd 2, Pick 24 (56)Hardman, Mecole WR - Hardman is a pure speed receiver. Immediately, he can take over the PR role from Tyreek Hill and also serve as a return team gunner. A WR was taken the next pick and three more before pick #63. The next speeed WR, Isabella, went before the end of the round.

Rd 2, Pick 31 (63)Thornhill, Juan S - More DB than CB or S. He has excellent coverage skills but also physical. Not the best tackler or he would have been 1st round.

Rd 3, Pick 21 (84)Saunders, Khalen DT - This pick was not a surprise in type so much as an unexpected player. I put that down to small conference lack of coverage. Saunders is a beast physically. However, he did not dominate even that level. The obvious comparison is Dontari Poe, which is both good and bad. Unpolished, with an uncertain motor, and a non-classic build (stumpy and short armed) Saunders is a project.

J