2019 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Chiefs_5627

Allegretti apparently trained with Olin Kreutz. I found that interesting. He's a juggernaut, mauling type of interior O-lineman and he's primarily played center throughout high school and college from what I can tell. He's also a long snapper and has played some LG and RG. I just watched a few interviews with him; he's very articulate, seems very smart, down to earth and straight forward. I like this kid. He pancakes anyone you put in front of him but his footwork and hand placement is inconsistent and he's not a guy you want working in space a ton, based on the little college film I could find.

I see Thornhill being as a guy who can be an Aqib Talib type player for us. For teams with a good TE, I expect him to be shadowing him the entire game. For games where that's not needed, I see Watts getting more playing time at FS, at least until Thornhill's ready to push for more playing time. But, that would mean that he's our nickel corner when the opposing team's slot WR is a bigger guy.

I think that means that we'll mostly be playing a rotation of Breeland/Fuller/Ward as our starting corners and I feel like that's a definite upgrade over what we had at the beginning of last year.

I'm not familiar with Fenton. He has the physical tools but some behavioral red flags. He'll be useful on ST and may eventually play some regular downs. Not thrilled but any CB will be a project at this point.

I like the Thompson pick. The resume says poorly coached but talented. He should be able to contribute on ST while he learns how to play RB.

Alligretti obviously has to play C to have value. However, it looks  like he may be able to step in and do a credible job. He 's sort of Thompson's opposite, well schooled but limited physically.

J