2019 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Chiefs_5627

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

LB Gary Johnson, Texas 

RB James Williams, Washington St.

WR Cody Thompson, Toledo

WR Jamal Custis, Syracuse

CB Mark Fields, Clemson 

A few FA’s we picked up that had draftable grades, especially like Fields.

I like the CB and LB addition

Looks like lots of receivers coming to camp!

What's everyone opinion on...what was his name...Byron Pringle from last years UDFA class? He impressed at camp as I recall, and was stashed using a IR spot. Any chance he makes the full roster with the Tyreek fiasco?

1 hour ago, heafstaag said:

What's everyone opinion on...what was his name...Byron Pringle from last years UDFA class? He impressed at camp as I recall, and was stashed using a IR spot. Any chance he makes the full roster with the Tyreek fiasco?

I think he has a good chance on making the roster. He looked fantastic in the pre season.

From the 3 draft picks yesterday i'm ok with Thompson and Allegretti. Fenton doesn't look that impressive. I do like some of the UFA signings. Mark Fields could be competing for a roster spot. We seem to be interested in a bunch of WR, which i like as well. Let them battle out the open spots. Felton Davis could be someone to look at here. An achilles injury in october hurt his draft stock a lot.

A selection of UDFA and Camp Invitees from Arrowheadpride.

As the Chiefs only have 12 open roster slots left, some of the players listed as UDFA signings will only be invited to Rookie Camp.
I'll sort it out on my roster and depth chart once the Chiefs make the signings official.

UDFA signed

• XXJohnson, Gary (LB)
    XX Fox, Jack (P)
    XX Thompson, Cody (WR)
    XX Shurmur, Cody (QB)
    XX Williams, James (RB)
    XX Harris, Darius (LB)
    XX Parker, Logan (TE)
    XX Hobbs, Justin (WR)
    XX Davis, Felton III (WR)
    XX Lovett, John (TE/H-Back/QB/ST)
    XX Custis, Jamal (WR)
    XX Fields, Mark (CB)
    XX Ferguson, Gaje (FS)
    XX Monroe, Dakari (CB)
    XX Linta, T.J. (QB)
    XX Jordan, Jamire (WR)
    XX Burrell, Jalin (CB)

Tryout Players

• XX Marshall, Marcus (RB)
    XX Errthum, Austin (K)
    XX Wingate, Julius (WR)
    XX Lindsey, Andre (WR)
    XX Fontana, Alex (OL)

10 hours ago, heafstaag said:

My guess right now, in order, is: Watkins, Robinson, Kemp, Hardman, Dieter, Pringle. I could see Pringle and Dieter being beat out but I don't know by who.

8 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

Everything I’ve read said he’s raw but he’s more Desean Jackson than Tyrell Hill (on field). 

He’s likely gonna see a lot of time on offense and ST for sure early on.

Thornhill could be spectacular opposite of Matheiu. 

DeSean Jackson will do if he doesn't have the baggage. WR have a primadonna reputation and DJ was bad that way.

The Thornhill/Mathieu combination is ideal. A versatile player needs versatile teammates to shine. Otherwise he gets stuck in the unused role. I am hoping for the same dynamic between Chris Jones and Khalen Saunders.

J

More signings:

XX Ward, Tim (DE)
XX Montre, Gregory (DB)
XX Sprinkle, Tracy (DT) - ex-AAF - Mini Camp
XX Wingate, Julius (WR) - Mini Camp
XX Martin, Justin (DB) - Mini Camp
XX Beecham, Abdul (OL) - Mini Camp

Edited by KC_Guy

Chiefs released C Tejan Koroma. Probably a move to clear a spot for an UDFA.
Veach seems really excited about some of the UDFA they brought in. 

Tim Ward and another guy (forgot his name, Darius Harris?) may not even be available throughout the year because of injuries - but they obviously stashed them with a view to 2020.

10 hours ago, Bullyball said:

Does anyone think we will use Juan Thornhill at CB ala Byron Jones and sign a guy like Tre Boston? We didn't really draft any corners and Juan used to play CB before switching to Safety this past year. 

I feel like the FO looked at our secondary figured who we have are “ok” and if our front can get after the QB then they’ll look good to great at times. (This after the addition of Honey, Breeland, and Thornhill).

Just seems like we invested more in our front.