2019 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Chiefs_5627

31 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I feel like the FO looked at our secondary figured who we have are “ok” and if our front can get after the QB then they’ll look good to great at times. (This after the addition of Honey, Breeland, and Thornhill).

Just seems like we invested more in our front.

A great pass rush can mask deficiencies in the secondary. Seems thats the route we are going. I don't think its a bad strategy to be honest. Clark and Jones have the potential to cause havoc on the line.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, kempus said:

A great pass rush can mask deficiencies in the secondary. Seems thats the route we are going. I don't think its a bad strategy to be honest. Clark and Jones have the potential to cause havoc on the line.

I think our defense will be pretty similar to the Rams last year.   Excellent DL play, solid DB play with the occasional big play, and just try to mask the LB play as best we can 

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Didn't work very well last year

True, but our run D was the biggest problem. Teams knew they could gash us every play on the run. Meaning we had to cheat on the run,.leaving the DBs exposed. I think our run D will be much improved this season. Helping out our DBs in the process. We have also upgraded our secondary this season, imo.

2 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I feel like the FO looked at our secondary figured who we have are “ok” and if our front can get after the QB then they’ll look good to great at times. (This after the addition of Honey, Breeland, and Thornhill).

Just seems like we invested more in our front.

Maybe we will do better against the run this year at least.

ESPN posted a story of the most likely cuts by each team post draft:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26632732/barnwell-every-nfl-team-most-likely-candidate-post-draft-trade-cut

A couple players caught my eye, that would help this defense. Janoris Jenkins and Darron Lee would be solid pickups if they're indeed cut by their teams. Janoris Jenkins would give us a good CB that has experience playing with Spags and Darron Lee gives us a LB with some coverage range and athletic ability(Imagine him and O'Daniels in Nickel packages covering rb's and TE's).