Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

49ers draft Nick Bosa at 2

3 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I think it's fair to be skeptical about Solly. If he doesn't succeed this year, with this surrounding cast, then he can go. It will be Armstead we'll be re-signing, instead of him (later on). But if he breaks through, we'll probably let Armstead walk. I think we're in a good spot. A spot where we don't have to expect too much from Thomas in order to have a good defense. He doesn't have to be a difference maker. If he turns out to be one, we'll have one hell of defense. If he does not, then we should be much better anyway.

Pretty much. Expecting nothing much, hoping for the world. 

5 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I think it's fair to be skeptical about Solly. If he doesn't succeed this year, with this surrounding cast, then he can go. It will be Armstead we'll be re-signing, instead of him (later on). But if he breaks through, we'll probably let Armstead walk. I think we're in a good spot. A spot where we don't have to expect too much from Thomas in order to have a good defense. He doesn't have to be a difference maker. If he turns out to be one, we'll have one hell of defense. If he does not, then we should be much better anyway.

Yep, It's nice to have depth and options right now and see who succeeds. That worst scenario is if both dont pan out, then we can go back and really grade those picks and think of what could have been. But i am liking the talent we have and couple that with a new 'aggressive' D-line coach, i think good things will come of this

Wow, such doubters. I'm certain Soly will impress this season. Of course, those of us who watch Delmark's Tube channel already know what to expect.... B|

7 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Wow, such doubters. I'm certain Soly will impress this season. Of course, those of us who watch Delmark's Tube channel already know what to expect.... B|

Maybe he will. And I'm glad you are so certain of him and think it will happen. But objectively, he hasn't done anything to earn that kind of faith as of yet. 

52 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I just read he might hold out. Him and his brother are true pieces of work.

yeah, over the offset language.

I honestly think we need to just cave and get rid of the offset language. I mean, the chances we cut this guy in the next 4 years are basically 0, so who cares?

We are haggling over the money that would be owed to him in the event we cut him. We want the money owed to be deducted against what he will earn with another team. Very very unlikely we cut the guy, so lets just make this deal and move on. 

He hasn't practiced football in like 18 months now a this point or whatever it is, he needs to get into camp on day one and practice. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I just read he might hold out. Him and his brother are true pieces of work.

They are all business on the contract end. I haven't read into this situation too much at this point, though in his brother's case, I was totally on Joey's side because the Chargers were asking him to accept concessions that no top 3 pick had ever been forced to agree to if I remember right. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

They are all business on the contract end. I haven't read into this situation too much at this point, though in his brother's case, I was totally on Joey's side because the Chargers were asking him to accept concessions that no top 3 pick had ever been forced to agree to if I remember right. 

Agreed. Also remember that Solomon Thomas didn’t sign until the first TC practice was ongoing. I think we’ll get it done on time.

Nick already said he left it all to his agent and hes not worried about it. also Nicks agent is the same as McG. we always end up signing our first round first day of training camp.

Meh long term view. Who really cares about a few wks missed(if it comes to that) for yrs of top production? Roquan Smith was the last pick to sign last yr...had a great rookie yr. As been mentioned his bro did an even longer holdout...same result. If he's good he'll be good whenever he gets into camp/gms.