49ers draft Nick Bosa at 2

49erurtaza

55 minutes ago, Gravity said:

If we can get regular pressure from just our front four, that will feel great. 

It really will. Its going to change the entire outlook of our defense. The funny thing about sacks is that they are almost contagious. When one guy gets one, it just gives the rest of your defense a little extra juice. 

Especially since all of us expect to have a damn good offense next year. If we can consistently put up points and force teams to pass, we can get them into negative situations. We are always going to be a good running team as well, so you would imagine that would mean a fresh defense at the end of the game because we are going to have a lot of long drives where Jimmy converts third downs. He was money two years ago on third down and kills it in the short-intermediate passing game.

I expect Ford to create at least 5 or 6 strip sacks off the blindside. That alone is going to make a huge difference and would essentially double the amount of takeaways we had last year. 

I am going to continue to say this because I still cant wrap my head around it, we only had 7 takeaways all year which was an all time record for least in a season. Football has been played 99 years professionally and no team in the history of the league had less takeaways than we did last year. That is unbelievable. Meanwhile, we also turned the ball over at a ridiculously high rate for the modern NFL. We lost 6 games by one score or less. Winning the turnover battle alone would be a huge and would instantly result in more wins... not to mention we've upgraded considerably at some very important positions (QB, EDGE RUSHER, RB, WR, LB). I get excited thinking about it and we are barely into May. 3 more months until the pre-season starts! August will be here before we know it. 

If I would have asked myself before last season would I rather make the playoffs and lose in the first game or have a disastrous season where we end up picking #2 overall but we get the pass rusher we needed, I would have for sure told you that I wanted to make the playoffs. Having the #2 overall pick at the time would have probably meant that both Garoppolo and Kyle struggled a lot. Well, this was almost the best case scenario from a long term standpoint. We got the pass rusher on a rookie contract we needed, Garoppolo was simply injured and there is no reason to suspect he wont live up to his contract, and Kyle proved why he is one of the best in the game by having an above average offense with basically half a runningback (none stayed healthy), less than half a WR (none stayed healthy or are any good), a UDFA QB (he has a good head but not much else). In hindsight, we really werent ready to compete. I think we are rapidly reaching that point where our roster wont have any holes and will actually have some depth. If a few key young guys can continue to grow, we now have a chance to make a deep playoff run. 

Honestly, when you really think about it, if BOSA turns out to be the guy who we all expect him to be, then Garoppolo getting injured might have been the best thing to happen to us since the day we traded for him, as weird as that is to say lol

I mean, thats literally why BOSA is on our team, because Garoppolo tore his ACL in a non-contact injury in the midst of a comeback against a top team in the NFL. We might not have won that game with him, but that felt like the game where he started to play the game like we saw in 2017. He was changing arm angles and sidearming passes around defenders, the offense was clicking and it looked like he found his MOJO in the locker room at arrowhead. Too bad he couldnt get more experience but BOSA is a damn good consolation prize!

GO NINERS

• Like 3

"Tank for Bosa" was not nearly as painful as I thought it would be. There were bright spots like the emergence of our running game, Kittle breaking the TE receiving record and Buckner getting 12 sacks. And if you asked me during the season, when we won our way out of the 1st pick, if I thought we would get Bosa? I didn't think we had much chance (until the Kingsbury hire, then I was pretty certain we would at least have a chance to take him) outside of the #1 pick.

8 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

"Tank for Bosa" was not nearly as painful as I thought it would be. There were bright spots like the emergence of our running game, Kittle breaking the TE receiving record and Buckner getting 12 sacks. And if you asked me during the season, when we won our way out of the 1st pick, if I thought we would get Bosa? I didn't think we had much chance (until the Kingsbury hire, then I was pretty certain we would at least have a chance to take him) outside of the #1 pick.

We definitely aren't your typical #2 overall team, either. If we stay healthy (the mother of all ifs, though), this is a team that will win a lot of games. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I'd also add into that the improved play of the guards. That had been a problem for years, so to get some consistency DESPITE Richburg being booty was nice. I also think Richburg is fully capable of rebounding back into a good center. 

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

I'd also add into that the improved play of the guards. That had been a problem for years, so to get some consistency DESPITE Richburg being booty was nice. I also think Richburg is fully capable of rebounding back into a good center. 

It looks like we found a solid backup QB too and got him significant playing time. Now hopefully he never sees the field again for us outside of preseason and possibly garbage time.

• Like 2

Want to know how excited I am about Nick Bosa? For the first time ever, I just purchased a rookie's jersey. In a week or two, I will be sporting my newest 9ers jersey. Glad he got his number (and I think it is cool it was also Bryant Young's) so quickly and I don't miss Watson.

And nflshop.com is running a special for the next 4 hours: free shipping for all orders over $49. Just FYI.

I am way overdue for a new 9ers jersey. My most recent is Willis. And like most 9er fans, I also own a Young & Rice jersey. I wore those to Cowboys' Training camp back in the Garcia days... A friend of mine wanted to go watch his Cowboys but his wife preferred he not go alone. He asked me to go and he would pay for everything. I said I would, but I would have to sport my own team colors! B|

Edited by Chrissooner49er
Camp, not came. Stupid autocorrect.
  • Like 2

Bought a customized 49ers jersey with the name M. BOYKIN across the back. 

They say a broken heart can always mend.
Time is the healer and sadness will end.
But I've done so much crying, when will I laugh again?
Till that day I will play the blues

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cccdb0038574e6d67

:P 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

My 2nd favorite doctor. Eccleston is my absolute fave. Back when The Doctor series was fresh and fun. Very stagnant now. Too bad.

On 5/3/2019 at 6:24 PM, oldman9er said:

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5cce435e494f77622e

• Like 1

Getting a top player with a top pick is kind of a big deal. We've seen teams reach elsewhere (hello, Arizona and New York) for lesser talents to check needs boxes (or in Arizona's case, not even a position of need) at the quarterback position. Not these 49ers. The team thinks they have their guy in Jimmy Garoppolo and now they've got themselves a fearsome foursome up front to rush the passer.

Remember -- this team also traded for DE Dee Ford, so the 49ers speed package will feature Nick Bosa, DeForest Buckner, Arik Armstead and Dee Ford.

Dee Ford? More like Dee(R) (L)ord. The pass rush is no longer a problem for San Francisco. Bosa is as plug and play ready as any defender you'll find this side of Quinnen Williams and his presence up front will help negate some potent passing attacks in the NFC West.

From Crabb's assessment of our draft at TDN https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/best-and-worst-of-san-francisco-49ers-draft-class  I like what he has to say about our D-line....I do think he is under-rating Soly....

36 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

From Crabb's assessment of our draft at TDN https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/best-and-worst-of-san-francisco-49ers-draft-class  I like what he has to say about our D-line....I do think he is under-rating Soly....

There's not such thing right now. He's not been good since coming into the league, regardless of reason. He's got to prove it before he gets any benefit of the doubt, and he hasn't done that. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

There's not such thing right now. He's not been good since coming into the league, regardless of reason. He's got to prove it before he gets any benefit of the doubt, and he hasn't done that. 

I think it's fair to be skeptical about Solly. If he doesn't succeed this year, with this surrounding cast, then he can go. It will be Armstead we'll be re-signing, instead of him (later on). But if he breaks through, we'll probably let Armstead walk. I think we're in a good spot. A spot where we don't have to expect too much from Thomas in order to have a good defense. He doesn't have to be a difference maker. If he turns out to be one, we'll have one hell of defense. If he does not, then we should be much better anyway.

• Like 3