Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

Bucs take LB Devin White at number five

Recommended Posts

Sucks to leave Allen on the board, cuz I think he'll be a stud. However, I had White right behind him and White brings that leadership intangible too.

I'm happy with the pick. I think White is just scratching the surface of his potential and learning the position. Sky is the limit with him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

 

From everything I have read and talked to with my scout source, is that this is the main reason drafted White. He was apparently #2 on our BB ahead of Bosa (which seems crazy to me), but I trust my source. His intangibles were the key for BA and Licht. They think he has that "Ray Lewis" ability to come in and change the entire culture of our team and defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bosa is a beast, but the “business” aspect of that family would concern me. I prefer a guy who is guaranteed to give you everything on the 1st snap of the season or the last play of the 4th quarter in the playoffs. This business decision crap in the off-season and intra season is no good to me. We won’t have that concern with White.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

 

Under rated aspect of his ILB is his timing with blitzes.  White does a good job of not just running into the pile, we won t recognize this defense in the fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucky guys 

my favorite player in the draft congrats

you just got the next best linebacker in the NFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Lucky guys 

my favorite player in the draft congrats

you just got the next best linebacker in the NFL

That's the plan. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't know what this means. But I guess it's good? 😂

This makes me feel a little better about the pick and leaving Allen there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

From everything I have read and talked to with my scout source, is that this is the main reason drafted White. He was apparently #2 on our BB ahead of Bosa (which seems crazy to me), but I trust my source. His intangibles were the key for BA and Licht. They think he has that "Ray Lewis" ability to come in and change the entire culture of our team and defense. 

I really want Jason Licht fired next year if they arent putting a winning product on the field. Too, too many questionable decisions as a GM. I think White will make an impact out the gate. He’s an upgrade over Kwon in many aspects. Is he worth a top 5 pick? IMO no but my opinion obviously doesnt matter. Sucks that Leonard set the bar high last year with the Colts as a rookie LB. Because thats what type of production he should be looking to achieve. 

I love his athletic ability but for the life of me I just cant get over the film against UGA and Bama. Good thing for him he is still learning the nuances of the MLB position and has the true stature of a MIKE. He talked on the first take interview he wanted to be like Kuechly in terms of preparation and calling out plays. I love to hear that, put guys in the right position. That said Im prepared for the growing pains that comes with that seeing this a top heavy qb division from top to bottom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Under rated aspect of his ILB is his timing with blitzes.  White does a good job of not just running into the pile, we won t recognize this defense in the fall.

This is one of the aspects he is better at Alexander at. White is a way better blitzer and his speed x size when flying in causes even OL to be caught off guard. He is as strong as an ox when he is attacking downhill. Kwon was just all finesse. White has the power and the speed to be a great blitzer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am 100% aware Arians and Bowles influenced this decision. And to be completely frank, neither coach have a stellar draft record. Still doesnt excuse 4/5 losing seasons for Mr. Licht.

Lets win today by taking impact starters r2 and r3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Sucks to leave Allen on the board, cuz I think he'll be a stud. However, I had White right behind him and White brings that leadership intangible too.

I'm happy with the pick. I think White is just scratching the surface of his potential and learning the position. Sky is the limit with him...

Allen ceiling is pretty much already maxed out as 3 year starter 4 year college player. Allen would of been the safer pick but with Barrett and Licht believing in bust Noah Spence they had no choice.

White has not hit his ceiling yet as a two year starter. That can go either way for him. Great thing about this situation is that he is already coming from a 34 defense so the transition will be seemingness. He really needs to clean up on the technical aspect of tackling though. Too many whifs, guessing and misdiagnosing run plays vs mis-direction. Literally see the same mistakes Kwon was doing. 

Edited by indifference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean. It was one pick. We have six more with a ****load of pass rushers available. It's not like we're banned from taking a pass rusher now since we passed on all of them at five. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×