Jets selects Quinnen Williams 3rd overall in the 2019 Draft

Bobby816

• 2 weeks later...

Quinnen Williams has been signed.   Jet have 100% attendance.  Lets go.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-agree-to-terms-with-first-round-pick-dl-quinnen-williams

From Rotoword:

Jets signed No. 3 overall pick DL Quinnen Williams to a four-year, $32.5 million contract.

The deal includes a $21.68 million signing bonus and fifth-year team option. New York reportedly initially tried to defer more than 30 percent of Williams' signing bonus to the second year of his contract, but the two sides met in the middle on a 25 percent layover and 75 percent once he puts pen to paper. Williams shredded the Combine with 83rd-percentile SPARQ results and 4.83 speed, otherworldly for a 303-pound human. Better suited for three-technique tackle in the pros, Williams’ game is reminiscent of Gerald McCoy as a slippery and explosive inside presence who can also win with power and balance and is capable of running down space players in pursuit.

Edited by famousj
update.

• 3 months later...

So far this guy has been a none factor, is he playing?  Against Oakland he has a ONE asst, on a tackle on a running play, big deal. he was low man on the Jets entire defensive team for stats yesterday. So far he is another Leo Williams. How Greg Willliams, has the # 1 rush defensive in the entire NLF with a defensive full of no name players, and has these guys playing at a high level is fantastic, how good are we going to be when he gets all is injury players back next year.

Edited by doumeyer

Q was actually disruptive all game as was most of our DL and they blew up the backfield forcing the runner to go easy-west in many occasions allowing for a tackle by a DB LB or S. Q was very good yesterday and dominated one of the best centers in the league on more than one occasion. Stop checking the box score and making claims people. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Try not to expect 10 sacks from Big Q this year, please.

I am still waiting for his first sack, for a guy what was rated as the best player in the 2019 draft by many he hasn't shown much. Michael Strahan was no ball of fire in his first season either. By the way the Jets are first  NFL  in over fifty years to score 34 points in three straight games.

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am still waiting for his first sack, for a guy what was rated as the best player in the 2019 draft by many he hasn't shown much. Michael Strahan was no ball of fire in his first season either. By the way the Jets are first  NFL  in over fifty years to score 34 points in three straight games.

• Like 2

I'm absolutely disappointed he hasn't been more impactful and certainly feel regret over not selecting an EDGE, but it's way too early to write off Williams.

Gerald McCoy, who also was drafted 3rd overall and had the strikingly similar qualities/playing style/athletic profile as a prospect, had a "slow" start to his career. Ironically enough, Q's PFF grade is just 1.6 points higher than McCoy's was in his rookie year. McCoy only played 6 games in year 2, but it was a lot of the same as year one. He has been an elite impact presence every since. 

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I'm absolutely disappointed he hasn't been more impactful and certainly feel regret over not selecting an EDGE, but it's way too early to write off Williams.

Gerald McCoy, who also was drafted 3rd overall and had the strikingly similar qualities/playing style/athletic profile as a prospect, had a "slow" start to his career. Ironically enough, Q's PFF grade is just 1.6 points higher than McCoy's was in his rookie year. McCoy only played 6 games in year 2, but it was a lot of the same as year one. He has been an elite impact presence every since. 

Optimistic view which I can respect. But fact is he’s not making an impact. IMO it’s still an awful pick. Ya he’s young and 100% can change my mind. But when I see the rushers drafted after him with...

Ferrell (who I didn’t like): 3.5 sacks and 26 tackles

Allen (who I loved): 8 sacks and 28 tackles

Oliver (who I didn’t love like others) 3 sacks and 24 tackles

Burns (who I liked) 5.5 sacks and 20 tackles

While Q is sitting with 1.5 sacks and 20 tackles. And drafted before all these guys.

22 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Optimistic view which I can respect. But fact is he’s not making an impact. IMO it’s still an awful pick. Ya he’s young and 100% can change my mind. But when I see the rushers drafted after him with...

Ferrell (who I didn’t like): 3.5 sacks and 26 tackles

Allen (who I loved): 8 sacks and 28 tackles

Oliver (who I didn’t love like others) 3 sacks and 24 tackles

Burns (who I liked) 5.5 sacks and 20 tackles

While Q is sitting with 1.5 sacks and 20 tackles. And drafted before all these guys.

The only one I am mad about not getting is Allen.

Q will be much better year 2, sometimes idl take a bit to develop.

One play I saw q throw rodney Hudson like a rag doll and make a tfl. 

I just wish we had taken Allen,  the stud edge. Our defense would look much better especially with the talent at idl we have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

The only one I am mad about not getting is Allen.

Q will be much better year 2, sometimes idl take a bit to develop.

One play I saw q throw rodney Hudson like a rag doll and make a tfl. 

I just wish we had taken Allen,  the stud edge. Our defense would look much better especially with the talent at idl we have.

Allen was my pick also I still not understand why Macc, didn't draft him. I really have a raging hate for Macc, for what he did to the Jets in his five drafts.

59 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Allen was my pick also I still not understand why Macc, didn't draft him. I really have a raging hate for Macc, for what he did to the Jets in his five drafts.

If Josh Allen was the pick, our defense would be set.

Imagine Allen and Jenkins on the edge, with the guys we have on the inside. 

• Like 1