Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bobby816

Jets selects Quinnen Williams 3rd overall in the 2019 Draft

Recommended Posts

Greg Williams going to move these guys around. You will see Leo and Q all over the line going to be nasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jetfuel34 said:

Greg Williams going to move these guys around. You will see Leo and Q all over the line going to be nasty.

When has Leo been “nasty” in 4 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't know how I feel about this. Good player and fits a need. So I don't hate it. Our run defense was trash and he can still get to the QB. Now I really hope we find a way to trade into the 2nd round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Macc consistently valuing non value positions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Macc consistently valuing non value positions

I disagree with this bc DT is valuable. The issue is, is that we already have Leo and Anderson there. Let’s also not forget that this immediately makes Shepard from last years pick look awful.

 

Macc consistently screwing up mid rounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josg allen becoming a star will make me hate this.

 

Q better be close to Aaron Donald.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I disagree with this bc DT is valuable. The issue is, is that we already have Leo and Anderson there. Let’s also not forget that this immediately makes Shepard from last years pick look awful.

 

Macc consistently screwing up mid rounds

Yeah an every other DT he took with the rest of our picks last year. However I love this pick. Q is a terrific talent. Cant just say hes Leo and Leo isnt great, thats not fair at all. Lets wait and see. At the very least we wont suck against the run like previous years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is a game wrecker.  I am/was a big Allen fan but can't argue with this pick.

Name one QB that can operate at a high level with pressure coming up the middle consistently?  Add Q Will to this line just created that situation for us.  Leo and Q can not be blocked one on one consistently. He will make our outside guys better as QBs can't step up with the push form him and Leo and Anderson. 

You might have liked another guy better but you can't be down on this pick.  This dude is a stud!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

He is a game wrecker.  I am/was a big Allen fan but can't argue with this pick.

Name one QB that can operate at a high level with pressure coming up the middle consistently?  Add Q Will to this line just created that situation for us.  Leo and Q can not be blocked one on one consistently. He will make our outside guys better as QBs can't step up with the push form him and Leo and Anderson. 

You might have liked another guy better but you can't be down on this pick.  This dude is a stud!

The problem is that our edge guys can be blocked 1 on 1. So now we have 3 OL and a RB against Leo and Q. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The problem is that our edge guys can be blocked 1 on 1. So now we have 3 OL and a RB against Leo and Q. 

Don't totally agree.  Not saying we have Von Miller out there but we don't have zeros as you suggest.  We will be creative.

Again,  I would take up the middle pressure over outside pressure all day.  We have three very good interior pass rushers now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was really hoping we could trade back and get picks. Would have loved to add an outside edge rusher or Ed Oliver but Q Will was dominant. With our depth on Line, I wouldn't be shocked to see a Leo trade now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

Was really hoping we could trade back and get picks. Would have loved to add an outside edge rusher or Ed Oliver but Q Will was dominant. With our depth on Line, I wouldn't be shocked to see a Leo trade now.

I think that's the part that's annoying some of us. We just drafted Leo 5 years ago because he was best player available. And now we are going to flip him for a 2nd (maybe). It's just doesn't seem like a good way to build a sustainable winner. We are turning our 1st round picks to 2nd round picks because we are taking players at non premium positions. 

 

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I think that's the part that's annoying some of us. We just drafted Leo 5 years ago because he was best player available. And now we are going to flip him for a 2nd (maybe). It's just doesn't seem like a good way to build a sustainable winner. We are turning our 1st round picks to 2nd round picks because we are taking players at non premium positions. 

 

DT is a premium position.  5 of the top 19 picks in this draft are DT.  Obviously valued high by NFL teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×