Jets selects Quinnen Williams 3rd overall in the 2019 Draft

Bobby816

Like most of you, not too happy with idl. Would've preferred Allen, but can't deny this guys talent. Let's all just hope it lives up to the hype.

No way we run 3-4 though. I expect Anderson, Q, Leo, Jenkins to be our front. Lee, Mosley, and Williamson as our WMS. That would be a killer front 7.

I always felt Josh Allen was overrated, so I’m not too hurt like everyone else. I was willing to accept Josh allen if we traded down but we didn’t. So meh. Quinnen is dominant and seems like a genuine good kid. Like someone tweeted, a 300 pound teddy bear but gets vicious during game time. He’ll come through and respect every word from CJ, Jamal & Leo. He’s been working out with Leo for the past month, so that relationship is already there.

I think we target OL and Pass Rush with the next 2 picks.

Wouldn't mind throwing a 1 year flier at Ziggy or Shane Ray if we don’t go pass rush in the next 2 picks.

Jadaveon Clowney still a wild card. Do we offer up a 2nd rd pick for next year?

Edited by DowNY

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I disagree with this bc DT is valuable. The issue is, is that we already have Leo and Anderson there. Let’s also not forget that this immediately makes Shepard from last years pick look awful.

Macc consistently screwing up mid rounds

Shep was a horrible pick

Did anybody else just absolutely KNOW this was going to happen. It’s so funny as it was like watching a film we’ve seen before!  

I knew Bosa would go one pick before us and you just ******* knew that when it had ‘Jets on the clock’ you were never seeing that trade banner come flying in!! 

No knock on Q-Will as he’s a good player no doubt but mark my words. We will have a new GM this time next year.

Not saying anything bad about Mac because now isn’t the time for any of that....BUT you have to question the guys philosophy on drafting.

Edited by xenajets
  • Like 2

Love the player but hate the pick. We now have 6 300 plus DTs., with none being a traditional 330 NT. I wanted Oliver or Allen. The difference between Oliver and Williams is that Oliver is more versatile who with his speed and power can be a pass rushing threat as a 43 DE. Allen would have offered something we’ve been missing for so many years, a 34 Edge Rusher

even if Q and Leo turn out as good as Donald and Blockers, the Rams still finished 19 in total Defense and that’s with the 2nd best offense in the league. In this age of prolific passing offenses.it sort of does make me question the importance of the DT position. With the signing of Mosely, it seems that Mac is more concerned with stopping the run

As others said this sort of makes our taking Shepard and Fatukasi wasted pick. 

i really hoped for an edge rusher and help on the OL. The pass rusher is probably not going to happen, hopefully we address the OL on Saturday

it will be really interesting g to watch the play of Williams, Oliver and Wilkins,, all now playing in the AFC East

• Like 2

I can't believe some of you guys would have picked Oliver over QWill. Q is better than Oliver in all aspects of the game and has less wear and tear on his body. Q is also bigger than Oliver too. Q is an Aaron Donald, Warren Sapp type guy. He will get high sacks and pressure. Remember running the ball is a big part of the AFC East. The Pats are more a run team now and the Bills are too. Miami will run a lot too with no QB. I like the pick plus you still have a ton of edge guys and 3 or 4 C I still like, 

Slept on it. Still hate the pick. Haha. Q will likely be a good payer but if we were going to stay at #3 an edge would have helped this team a lot more. 

The Jets have picked a few DL in the first over the years now. Have any seen a second contract from the Jets? I’m thinking Wilkerson might have been the only one and we cut him. Now fans are speculating we are trading Leo. Possibly another guy who doesn’t get a second contract with the team which is probably one of the better ways to assess if the team made a good pick in the first round. 

53 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I can't believe some of you guys would have picked Oliver over QWill. Q is better than Oliver in all aspects of the game and has less wear and tear on his body. Q is also bigger than Oliver too. Q is an Aaron Donald, Warren Sapp type guy. He will get high sacks and pressure. Remember running the ball is a big part of the AFC East. The Pats are more a run team now and the Bills are too. Miami will run a lot too with no QB. I like the pick plus you still have a ton of edge guys and 3 or 4 C I still like, 

I use the “Waldo” criteria  when evaluating pass rushers. Although all low risk candidates don’t work out, the best players are almost always in the Low Or Low Medium Risk category. Q does not qualify as an edge rusher, nor, as most would agree, should a 300 pound DT even be considered as an edge rusher. Oliver however is 280 and using Waldo’s formula, is a LowRisk in explosiveness (think Miles Garrett) and also a medium low risk in Twitch (the ability to change direction) same as Bosa and Allen. I don’t expect Oliver to play a 34 OLB but if we are transitioning to a 43 defense, he would have been a good fit, imo

If Q has the impact Leo has. It’s an awful pick. And his game is similar. Didn’t like the Leo pick years ago and don’t like this one. As Adams says we need dogs on this team. Instead we just drafted a guy to take on OLineman, but with no pass rushers to take advantage of that.

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Uninspiring pick but a good one nonetheless. 

Would have done the Oakland deal to swap 1s and pick up 35 and drafted Oliver or Allen but that was the only way I would pass on a guy of QWill's caliber.

That would have been the move to make. Drop to 4 Oak takes Q. We take Josh Allen. Then go Center, CB or OT with 2nd round pick. 

I'm going to wait this one out. Leo becomes a free agent after this year + we're probably going to bring out the 43 a little more under Gregg. Clowney is still on the trading block as well. Am I excited? Not really, but he is really good. If used correctly, he can give us the pass rushing help we need as well as improve the run defense. 

Edited by rickyt31