Jets selects Quinnen Williams 3rd overall in the 2019 Draft

Bobby816

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

FWIW Coples was doing great at 3-4 DE then they made him slim down to play 3-4 OLB.  He was out of position.  Bad pick but also completely misused.

I knew I wasnt crazy in remembering he wasmt a complete bust. This sounds right. He played out of position and never really had a shot. He also wasnt better than Sheldon or Mo so it made more sense to play those guys in position. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 6:01 PM, xrade said:

You are assuming we will run a 3-4. With the Williams tandem up front, I believe we will run more even fronts. I don’t care what people report or say at this point in the season, it is all B.S. Greg will formulate a D that utilizes the best players at their most productive positions.

This the exact argument made when leo was drafted. Literal verbatim. We ran a hybrid with Todd too. In theory this sounds great. I just wouldnt be so sure you wont see top ten pedigrees playing outside. A slow pass rush is an oxymoron.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

You guys are crazy wanting to dump a 24 year old DT that is very good and improving. The Williams boys will be NASTY on the inside. Good luck trying to run on us..

Yea. We need to keep our good players. We were never going to address every need. I was hoping for better but trading Leo doesn’t help.

4 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

This the exact argument made when leo was drafted. Literal verbatim. We ran a hybrid with Todd too. In theory this sounds great. I just wouldnt be so sure you wont see top ten pedigrees playing outside. A slow pass rush is an oxymoron.

Todd wasn’t hands on enough with the defense IMO. Williams will be and he’s known to have way more flexibility and versatility to his fronts. 

Even if this works I doubt the FO will commit hundred million dollar contracts to both guys. Allocating to the other areas of the team will be key and Sam's contract will come up around the same time. Someones getting traded. It's just a matter of when. 

5 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Even if this works I doubt the FO will commit hundred million dollar contracts to both guys. Allocating to the other areas of the team will be key and Sam's contract will come up around the same time. Someones getting traded. It's just a matter of when. 

Yup. My thoughts exactly. If we are spending big on players it shouldn’t be guys clogging up space and having just 2-9 sacks a season.

... Trying to understand what the Leo Hate is for ... Yea he's gonna get paid pretty well for an extension but hes a very good player.  Had 5 sacks last year which doesn't really show the impact he had on defense .. last year when he got injured our defense went from competent to useless ... just easily controlled in the trenches