QB Daniel Jones selected by Giants @ 1.6

Acgott

I really didn't want him at all. ESPECIALLY at the 6th pick. I understand why a traditional organization like the Giants is drawn to him. But I think it's a huge mistake taking him over a guy like Haskins. There's 4 other better franchise QBS in this draft IMO. But I'm far from and expert so hopefully I'm wrong.

Edited by w4rrior723

Insanely frustrating to hear Gettleman straight up lie about what he is about. He says you take the best player available. He says you can't take the wrong quarterback or you are stuck in QB purgatory. He took a bad quarterback prospect at 6th overall with a fantastic pass rusher staring him in the face. 

Obviously we have to wait to see how it pans out. But all I see is us fans trying to wait it out for Jones to be good for years. Which is exactly what QB purgatory is. What a ****ty pick. My problem with Jones is simple: he doesnt elevate the game of anyone around him. He's an ideal backup QB. You don't take that with the 6th overall pick. 

We suck and will continue to suck. At least we get to get excited about high picks for the next 5 years. 

• Like 1

Har-hummmm!

Well, as with all draft picks, time will tell. I confess I had read more negatives than positives about Daniel Jones; but it still could well be that Gettleman was right; that Daniel will be a better QB than Haskins; that Daniel will turn out to have been a better selection than Josh Allen, etc., etc. 

I sincerely hope that the Same-Coach-As-Peyton-And-Eli narrative was not a deciding factor. I hope that, quite simply, the Giants thought that Daniel was the best quarterback, and the best draft pick, at #6.

I hope that The Mellow One is not too upset over the preference for Jones over Haskins; I await with interest his analysis of the pick, and his predictions for the relative success of both QB's.

I hope as a Giants' fan that time and performance will prove Gettleman to have been right.

Just now, minutemancl said:

Insanely frustrating to hear Gettleman straight up lie about what he is about. He says you take the best player available. He says you can't take the wrong quarterback or you are stuck in QB purgatory. He took a bad quarterback prospect at 6th overall with a fantastic pass rusher staring him in the face. 

Obviously we have to wait to see how it pans out. But all I see is us fans trying to wait it out for Jones to be good for years. Which is exactly what QB purgatory is. What a ****ty pick. My problem with Jones is simple: he doesnt elevate the game of anyone around him. He's an ideal backup QB. You don't take that with the 6th overall pick. 

We suck and will continue to suck. At least we get to get excited about high picks for the next 5 years. 

Look at it this way man at least this pick will get everyone fired and we can start over.