QB Daniel Jones selected by Giants @ 1.6

Acgott

• 4 months later...

Bump

I know we're not supposed to bump old threads and I'll take my warning. But this thread is actually quite interesting to read through. GMEN was literally the only one that was happy with the pick. Now we're all on the DJones train. I love when a pick makes me eat crow :x

12 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Bump

I know we're not supposed to bump old threads and I'll take my warning. But this thread is actually quite interesting to read through. GMEN was literally the only one that was happy with the pick. Now we're all on the DJones train. I love when a pick makes me eat crow :x

I was truly upset with 3 first round picks the Giants have made since I started following the draft closely: JPP, OBJ, and Daniel Jones. We know nothing. (To be fair, I was upset about OBJ because I so badly wanted Aaron Donald, so I was at least somewhat vindicated there)

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 10:34 AM, minutemancl said:

I was truly upset with 3 first round picks the Giants have made since I started following the draft closely: JPP, OBJ, and Daniel Jones. We know nothing. (To be fair, I was upset about OBJ because I so badly wanted Aaron Donald, so I was at least somewhat vindicated there)

I’ve been a Giants fan since around 2002 and the only two first round picks I really didn’t like were Aaron Ross and Justin Pugh. I found enough to get excited about in just about every other first round pick. And until recently, the Giants have been pretty good at identifying talent in the first round. Most of our first round picks gave us at least a few good years, unfortunately too many are derailed by injuries. I consider Eli Apple and Ereck Flowers complete whiffs, even though they are somehow still starting for other teams 

On 10/2/2019 at 7:19 AM, Shockey1979 said:

Bump

For me it's not just that he's playing and playing well, it is how he has carried himself since he was drafted. To be that sure of yourself and calm when everyone (including most of us) is laughing in your face and telling you how much you suck, how you weren't worth where you were drafted, etc is incredibly rare.  It speaks volumes about who Daniel Jones is as a person. I don't know if he'll be a franchise QB, but I do know that he is a special person that will work as hard as he possibly can to become one. 

Guys like him and Saquon make me proud to be a Giants fan.   

• Like 2

On 10/2/2019 at 10:19 AM, Shockey1979 said:

Bump

I know we're not supposed to bump old threads and I'll take my warning. But this thread is actually quite interesting to read through. GMEN was literally the only one that was happy with the pick. Now we're all on the DJones train. I love when a pick makes me eat crow :x

Woah guys it’s like I don’t exist out here :D

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

For me it's not just that he's playing and playing well, it is how he has carried himself since he was drafted. To be that sure of yourself and calm when everyone (including most of us) is laughing in your face and telling you how much you suck, how you weren't worth where you were drafted, etc is incredibly rare.  It speaks volumes about who Daniel Jones is as a person. I don't know if he'll be a franchise QB, but I do know that he is a special person that will work as hard as he possibly can to become one. 

Guys like him and Saquon make me proud to be a Giants fan.   

This.

I've really loved many Giants over the years. But Saquon has already become quite easily my favorite of all time. And it's only party due to his legendary talent - just as much due to his legendary character. It's really just mind boggling enough to see his rare talent, then you add his character on top of it and I truly think he's a one in every 50 year type player. 

Daniel Jones also seems to have tremendous character - so to have those two as young leaders and faces of your franchise is truly a privilege. Hopefully the Giants organization can succeed in surrounding those two with a good supporting cast so they can have the long and successful careers they deserve.

Edited by w4rrior723
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...