QB Daniel Jones selected by Giants @ 1.6

Acgott

Well, he’s a polarizing prospect that’s for sure. Ultimately I think Gettlemen saw a younger, more athletic Eli in Jones. He’s smart and he’s tough, and that was the allure. He has experience playing under center, which is important when you’re on a team with the best running back in the league. I’m excited to see how Shurmur uses the athleticism. Watching Eli roll out of the pocket last year was a bit awkward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Already looking forward to next season when we draft another quarterback at 1.

Well, I mean the Cardinals already took it on the nose and were the first ones to do it, so you don't have to bear the yolk of being the first.  Just, hopefully, you do it with a different GM at the helm.  I'm not holding my breath though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Insanely frustrating to hear Gettleman straight up lie about what he is about. He says you take the best player available. He says you can't take the wrong quarterback or you are stuck in QB purgatory. He took a bad quarterback prospect at 6th overall with a fantastic pass rusher staring him in the face. 

Obviously we have to wait to see how it pans out. But all I see is us fans trying to wait it out for Jones to be good for years. Which is exactly what QB purgatory is. What a ****ty pick. My problem with Jones is simple: he doesnt elevate the game of anyone around him. He's an ideal backup QB. You don't take that with the 6th overall pick. 

We suck and will continue to suck. At least we get to get excited about high picks for the next 5 years. 

Doesn’t elevate talent around, the I see how not a single Duke offensive player hasn’t been drafted since he took over as a starter. Then sees he basically carried the offense. And Daniel Jones is honestly the perfect Shurmur QB, I didn’t want to admit the likelihood we would take him over Haskins, but I’m fine with it. Especially considering Haskins is going to one of the worst places for a QB to play next year. 

In terms of fit, Jones is like a glove. His main issue is his lower body. All of his arm strength is coming from his upper body. If he gets coached up properly, are any of us really going to complain?

4 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

and to makes matters worse, Haskins falls right into the Redskins lap at 15. !#(*$&(#^@*&(!*@^@@@%^!&

The Redskins are a mess I honestly feel bad for Haskins having to throw footballs to the ghost of Crowder, some JV middle schoolers and the broken down shell of Jordan Reed. Can’t forget him checking down to the retirement home resident in their backfield. 

As much as I like Haskins, he got ****ed and will probably not develop how he should in WAS. You take your guy always at QB. Jones is Gettleman’s guy. I honestly want to hear why you dislike the pick other than it’s not who you wanted. Like what don’t you like about Jones? 

This team could have gone Allen, Simmons/Tillery, and a RT and legitimately competed next season. 

Instead, they drafted a QB that Gettleman said can sit for three years at 6, a nose tackle, and Baker. 

The Giants traded OBJ, Snacks, Apple, and Vernon for Dexter Lawrence, Deandre Baker, and pick 95.

This organization is beyond trash. OBJ is right.  They don’t care about losing  

• Like 1

The funny thing is that when we drafted Flowers and Apple everybody said they were reaches which they were right. But I can see why they did because they fell in love with their athleticism and physical gifts and were banking on their upside. With this guy, I can’t find any reason. Nothing on the field justifies it. They wanted another Eli which is just dumb. This David Cutcliffe connection is ridiculous 

It's just absolutely nuts to me that literally even people on this forum can tell you that this is the wrong pick and yet actual professionals continue to make these terrible QB picks. Every damn year there's the "guy who wasn't that good in college but hey he's tall and has an arm so he'll somehow wind up a 1st round pick" and they almost always flop. These teams have a whole crew of scouts, they get paid to do this, and I'm sitting on my couch typing this at 6 am and could've made a better pick, and that's not even a compliment to my draft knowledge lol.

Especially nuts given that there was a significantly better QB prospect sitting there and he went to a division rival instead. 

39 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

70th ranked player on PFF's big board. I wonder what it was that convinced Gettelman so much? 

Well, hey, let's not forget the rich heritage of Duke quarterbacks who have gone on to star in the NFL!

Dave Brown

Image result for dave brown football

Anthony Dillweed (sorry, Dilweg)

Image result for anthony dilweg football 

Ben Bennett (sexy alliterative name)

Image result for Ben Bennett football

Sean Renfree

Image result for scott renfree football

Leo Hart

Image result for Leo Hart football

Any wonder why they call it "The Duke"??????

Image result for The Duke football

-I'd say if **** Daniel Jones**** meaures up to the exploits of these passing masters, Giants' fans are going to be pretty happy!!

Edited by bzane

51 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

70th ranked player on PFF's big board. I wonder what it was that convinced Gettelman so much? 

You know it just occurred to me that in all of Gettleman years as a member of the front office and as a scout he’s never been involved in choosing the franchise QB, so that explains why he made such a dumbfounding pick. 

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

This organisation wanted to draft another Eli. That’s such an indictment. 

Then Gettleman has the arrogance to say he can sit for three years. 

The Maras have ALWAYS been like this. They care about having good ol’ Boys and the illusion of “classiness” more than winning. It’s been like this since the 1960s...

• Like 1