QB Daniel Jones selected by Giants @ 1.6

Acgott

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Where do you find the games?

In short. If Gettleman truly intends on sitting Daniel Jones for 3 years, Jones may never see the field because Gettleman is going to Gettlegone within 2 years and you're new GM is gonna take Trevor Lawrence.

There is no chance Jones sits 3 years. We just saw what Ben got paid on a 2 year extension and this is Eli's last year under contract. Jones will be starting opening day next year at the latest.

They are all on youtube actually. I forget the channel, but they cut together a ton of Jones's games.

If I'm a Giants fan, I'm calling for Gettleman's head on a platter (as I'm sure you all are) right now, WTF? Taking Daniel Jones, who would've been there at 17 with Josh Allen and Dwayne Haskins starring them in face?

So yeah, I'm with you guys on the "fire Gettleman" train.

I wouldn't be feeling this level of rage, but it's pretty bad: 

Gettleman’s team philosophy cannot be more at odds with Belichick. One guy adapts his scheme to his players’ strengths.

Our doofus jettisons every player who doesn’t fit his 1980s idea of what a football team should be. That or he just discards “Reese’s Guys” out of spite for JR winning a SB with what should have been HIS team.

• Like 2

Is there any precedent for a QB being a better pro QB than a college QB? Because that’s gonna have to be the case here. 

I blame the Mara just as I do Gettleman because they took the safe hire. They went for familiarity instead of choosing the best hire. They went for comfort. Failing to adapt to the times. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Is there any precedent for a QB being a better pro QB than a college QB? Because that’s gonna have to be the case here. 

I blame the Mara just as I do Gettleman because they took the safe hire. They went for familiarity instead of choosing the best hire. They went for comfort. Failing to adapt to the times. 

Of course. Anyone drafted pass the first that succeed would be a better pro QB than college. Rare for for a Top 10 pick though.

Absolutely, Mara and Tisch have bundled a ton of situations over the past few years. It’s been a disaster.

5 hours ago, Acgott said:

Of course. Anyone drafted pass the first that succeed would be a better pro QB than college. Rare for for a Top 10 pick though.

Absolutely, Mara and Tisch have bundled a ton of situations over the past few years. It’s been a disaster.

That’s not necessarily true tho. Just because you get drafted later and succeed don’t mean that you’re a better pro than you were in college. The standard and requirements in college compared to pros is different.

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

That’s not necessarily true tho. Just because you get drafted later and succeed don’t mean that you’re a better pro than you were in college. The standard and requirements in college compared to pros is different.

Ummm...Brady? Peyton? Brees? Like 10,000 other QBs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

What I meant to say is that is there a much precedent for somebody being underwhelming in college then becoming great in the pros? It’s a short list. 

Hmmmmmm- I wonder if some of us area forgetting Davis Webb, and Kyle Lauletta? Couple of pretty exciting young pros there!

Image result for Davis WebbImage result for kyle lauletta

Edited by bzane