let it burn

catcheryea

Auburn got a pretty nice bowl.

It just dawned on me that Auburn has won 3 of their last 4 home Iron Bowls. Is it really that tough a place for the Tide to play in nowadays?

Edited by pf9

• 3 weeks later...

did you know that bo nix's father played at auburn

from al.com:

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2020/01/how-bo-nixs-debut-season-compared-to-other-freshman-quarterbacks-in-2019.html

from pff:

101. BO NIX – AUBURN

Preseason Rank: 96; Week 6 Rank: 88; Week 12 Rank: 96

The SEC Freshman of the Year was certainly not in the running to win such an award from us at PFF, as Nix continually didn’t grade well all season long, finishing with 18 turnover-worthy passes (T-28th) to just 17 big-time throws (T-47th). His highlight-reel plays were something, but he was far too often inaccurate with the ball, throwing an uncatchable, inaccurate pass on 26.5% of his throws. He finished as just the 105th-ranked quarterback in passing grade while his 63.0% completion percentage from a clean pocket ranked just 128th. He did some things well, however, as he was rather sharp on throws across the middle of the field, seeing an 81.5 passing grade and completing 93-of-133 passes for 1,036 yards and eight scores on throws targeted between the numbers last season.

On 12/31/2019 at 7:09 PM, pf9 said:

Auburn got a pretty nice bowl.

It just dawned on me that Auburn has won 3 of their last 4 home Iron Bowls. Is it really that tough a place for the Tide to play in nowadays?

2013: two really good teams, special teams cost bama the win

2017: i don't have any idea how this happened

2019:  bama starts their backup, two pick 6s, special teams and counting cost bama the win

2017 was the only game that felt like it auburn was the better team, so no i don't think they have trouble playing in jordan-hare

• 2 weeks later...

i know that this is a totally normal thing that happens all the time at the top programs in the country and that the timing for this is not weird at all because underclassmen starters leave all the time after the draft deadline. and that's why i'm not overreacting

auburn has decided to "mutually part ways" with it's best offensive player, boobee whitlow

it's a shame that auburn's best offensive player wasn't bo nix

my second favorite thing about the gus era is when a kid literally could not want to come to auburn any more than he does and he tries to commit and gus tells him no and then 6 months later the kid shoots up the rankings into the top 100 or whatever but auburn still hasn't offered and then saban or kirby come in and offer him and he commits to one of them and only then does gus throw him an offer after missing on every other recruit at this position and he rightly tells gus to eat a **** and we have to play against him 3 times and he goes 3-0 against auburn and finally becomes a first round pick

good times

22 hours ago, catcheryea said:

there's a 247 bold predictions list for next year in which they say bo nix will throw for 4000 yards next year

if you added up just the yards he overthrew receivers wide open for touchdowns by, he's already thrown for 4000 yards

But he’s 1-0 vs Alabama

• 1 month later...