Who Impressed You This Week (Week 1 9/2/2017)

alfalcone

Lagow isn't that good.

Simmie Cobbs looked great, per usual. Ian Stewart lived up to the hype a little.

JT Barrett still sucks. Parris Cambell can't catch but is a ridiculous athlete.

J.K. Dobbins looks like Derrius Guice, which isn't fair. Billy Price is still great. Other Bosa is living up to the name.

2 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Sammie Cobbs is very good. Projected round?

Simmie? If I had to bet, I'd say he has a chance to be a 1st rounder, but I'd wager he'll be a 2nd. It will depend on some of his speed/change of direction times, but his 6'4/6'5 size with 220 weight is impressive. Right now I have him behind Ridley and James Washington.

Kemoko Turay (Rutgers)

He had a lot of hype a couple years ago, but it has since died down.

Think he was injured last year?

Anyways, he flashed this game against Washington.

Showed off his bend, burst, and did a good job playing the run. 

Hopefully he puts it all together this year.

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Kemoko Turay (Rutgers)

He had a lot of hype a couple years ago, but it has since died down.

Think he was injured last year?

Anyways, he flashed this game against Washington.

Showed off his bend, burst, and did a good job playing the run. 

Hopefully he puts it all together this year.

I agree, later in the game he did look good.  I liked how he could drop in coverage a little bit as well.  But like you said he needs to put it all together this year and be on the field all year making plays and being consistently productive.

Michigan's Kicker hit a 55-yarder and a 50-yarder so far.

EDIT: He also made a 24-yarder and 30-yarder, while just missing a 52'ish-yarder by inches. I'll take 4/5 with 3 50+ yard attempts mixed in. Nordin is the man's name.
EDIT2: And now he has missed a 32-yarder. So, 4/6 from 24, 30, 32 (missed), 50, 52 (missed), and 55 (yardage not official). Still pretty good, but that has put a damper on the night.

EDIT3: Jalen Davis of Utah State looked pretty good while he was out there against Wisconsin, but he was ejected in the first half. The game completely changed once he left.

I'll say it, Baker Mayfield looked awfully impressive. Third year in that offense but he looks in complete control and was spinning the ball very well. Won't over react about the performance but with Josh Allen and now Sam Darnold struggling it's nice to see a QB show well.

43 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

...and now Sam Darnold struggling it's nice to see a QB show well.

It's true that Sam Darnold has struggled to some extent against Western Michigan, but given the fact that it's Week 1, his WR's haven't really helped him much, and he's starting to come on now, I think he's still a great prospect. he certainly passes the eye test for me. A lot of times QB's that are rated highly early drop by the end of the season considerably (such as Browning), but I'd be surprised if that happens with Darnold.

2 hours ago, DraftHobbyist said:

Michigan's Kicker hit a 55-yarder and a 50-yarder so far.

EDIT: He also made a 24-yarder and 30-yarder, while just missing a 52'ish-yarder by inches. I'll take 4/5 with 3 50+ yard attempts mixed in. Nordin is the man's name.
EDIT2: And now he has missed a 32-yarder. So, 4/6 from 24, 30, 32 (missed), 50, 52 (missed), and 55 (yardage not official). Still pretty good, but that has put a damper on the night.

He's a redshirt freshman. He hit a 55 yard kick, and a 50 yard kick. He barely missed a 52 yard kick. He missed a 32 yard kick, but he only missed it because of the wide hash marks in college, that would've been good in the NFL. He had a great night considering this was his first game and considering the stakes/pressure involved

Archived