Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

Most hate it, I love it. My #2 EDGE. As complete as a DE can be. Excellent run defender, double digit sack guy at the next level, and relentless motor.

Also, one thing you guys should know, he is the best character of the entire draft. A+ character, great personality. 

• Like 3

You Raider fans are schizo, just accept it. 

To be frank, I would have picked Oliver personally and more than anything wanted a trade out.

However, you complain if we reach on bad football athletes who don't perform. You complain about the Al Davis days. But every year you're clamoring for those guys again and again. These are not safe picks at all. I'm not even convinced Bosa is a safe pick considering his brother's injury history. And you're upset when we pick a solid unspectacular smart choice who is a solid scheme fit. Fit is how teams like Pitt and NE win. And how they draft. Not saying this is that. But I just think Raider fans are incredibly fickle. And want to win the draft desperately, but care less about what wins games over the subsequent years. 

I'm hoping we burned a top 5 pick on a permanent shift towards picking with a bottom half of the first round philosophy. Understand what I mean? It's a great pick for a playoff team, not for top 5. However, if we get to some miraculous place where we are a consistent playoff team this is exactly the philosophy to adopt. Boring, pedigree, fit, production. 

Build the team you want to be, then maybe they actually become it.

Edited by holyghost
  • Like 9

I'm just happy that our guys scout the way they should. We got the #2 DE on our board. Guys like Burns just don't fit what we want to do. I like Josh Allen, but he is probably a better fit rushing standing up. 

If you're confused why we took Ferrell, then it's time to stop playing the media game and actually look at what our defensive scheme is and what it calls for. Been saying it all off-season.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, holyghost said:

You Raider fans are schizo, just accept it. 

To be frank, I would have picked Oliver personally and more than anything wanted a trade out.

However, you complain if we reach on bad football athletes who don't perform. You complain about the Al Davis days. But every year you're clamoring for those guys again and again. These are not safe picks at all. I'm not even convinced Bosa is a safe pick considering his brother's injury history. And you're upset when we pick a solid unspectacular smart choice who is a solid scheme fit. Fit is how teams like Pitt and NE win. And how they draft. Not saying this is that. But I just think Raider fans are incredibly fickle. And want to win the draft desperately, but care less about what wins games over the subsequent years. 

I'm hoping we burned a top 5 pick on a permanent shift towards picking with a bottom half of the first round philosophy. Understand what I mean? It's a great pick for a playoff team, not for top 5. However, if we get to some miraculous place where we are a consistent playoff team this is exactly the philosophy to adopt. Boring, pedigree, fit, production. 

Build the team you want to be, then maybe they actually become it.

Well said and spot on.  This is exactly how NE, Pit and Baltimore have picked players.  I like it even though it wasn't sexy....

I like the player. The value not so much. Making good picks at 24/27 will go a long way in making me not be as worried about the value. Ferrell was probably a better fit than the other DL, but I’m not sure there’s enough talent there to be drafting for need and not BPA. I’d have liked White.