Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

9 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

So if a year from now greedy and greedy is coming off a pro bowl year for the Browns would i be wrong. Or would I be right?

You would need 7 players to have a better season to be right wouldn’t you?

3 minutes ago, Dessie said:

You would need 7 players to have a better season to be right wouldn’t you?

So he would need every player to have production in their exact order to be right? So nobody on the history of the planet has been right?

Jesus you take this way to seriously. No one is ever right by your standards. @OG_C2X this guy is not worth replying to. Never satisfied no matter what and highly passive aggressive. 

7 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

And my comment about me not being wrong wasn't really about draft picks. It was more about what we didn't do.

I told you guys despite what everyone was saying Gruden and Mayock have ZERO intention of moving on from Carr. I actually hear from my guys inside the building the the media is so far off based. Gruden and Carr are virtually inseparable. Carr is Gruden's guy. 

I told you guys. WR willnot be targeted anywhere need the top 100 picks. I was empathetic in saying we would not pick a WR til after 106. 

Ive said it repeatedly. Mayock and Gruden are working together the same way Belichick and every GM that has passed through New England. This draft was obvious of that. 

I don't think i am the worlds greatest evaluator (except QB thats my wheelhouse) especially for DBs. IMO its the hardest position to project into the pros. 

You said you had got 0 wrong this draft season. Incredibly arrogant statement to make especially in a process where even the experts don’t get everything right. 

44 minutes ago, Dessie said:

said you had got 0 wrong this draft season. Incredibly arrogant statement to make especially in a process where even the experts don’t get everything right. 

Did u say greedy was going to get drafted. No be is my #8 prospect. You can't call me right or wrong about this yet...

But i am going to take @BayRaider advice and move on from this conversation. 

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

"We knew going in he was our guy". 

Ok so they were locked in then.

Can you imagine passing on Williams for Ferrell?  I’m still disappointed with a few of the guys we passed on, but even the apologists would have to be upset if that happened.

26 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Can you imagine passing on Williams for Ferrell?  I’m still disappointed with a few of the guys we passed on, but even the apologists would have to be upset if that happened.

Oh I would have had to do some drywalling to my place if we passed on Williams regardless of who was there sans Bosa. 

6 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Did u say greedy was going to get drafted. No be is my #8 prospect. You can't call me right or wrong about this yet...

But i am going to take @BayRaider advice and move on from this conversation. 

I think I have already said that your ranking of Williams at 8 was wrong and the fact he was taken 46 would support that.

No big deal but you came out with  the overly arrogant statement. 

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

Honestly, they can say what they want but I'm convinced Q was the guy all along. Ed Oliver is a good player, but IIRC he had attitude problems last season. Not what we've been saying we want. But there was plenty of smoke saying we liked him over Q. Just like there was tons of speculation that we were enamored with the QBs. Seems like we tried to go for misdirection in hopes of baiting someone into trading up for a QB ahead of us. And also not trade up for Q ahead of us, since we "preferred" Oliver and the Jets wanted to move down so badly. Again, this is just some inferring on my part and I could be totally wrong. But what else are they gonna say having picked Ferrell 4th overall? I'm sure they're happy with him but they would never admit this if it were true.

I'm not saying this idea trying to dig at Ferrell, I've just been chewing on this for a day or 2. At this point, I've pretty much accepted the pick and hope for the best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

And also not trade up for Q ahead of us, since we "preferred" Oliver and the Jets wanted to move down so badly. Again, this is just some inferring on my part and I could be totally wrong. But what else are they gonna say having picked Ferrell 4th overall? I'm sure they're happy with him but they would never admit this if it were true.

I wonder if they thought of calling the Jets once time was about to run out and see if they'd trade 'Q' for 4 and 24. Might as well show your hand at that point if nobody is ringing the phone for a trade down.

Ferrell was slipping because of combine IMO but he didn't slip because we had a 'need' and he fit it. Rob Burnett and Anthony Pleasant is the type of DE I expect him to become. Good size, good overall career but not remembered as one of the 'greats' but will have seasons/moments that will stand out.