Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

On 5/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, NJ Raider said:

Did any of you read the “Run Angry” piece by Jacobs? Makes me like him even more.

Yep. Totally changed my thoughts on him as our pick. Felt we could have gotten him later but but his story will make him work. I say Frank Gore but saw Curtis Martin AFL and that would also work. Except for him jumping teams. LOL

Hoping Ferrell becomes a BEAST for us.

Edited by G

Fourth-round pick Crosby said that Gruden only calls him by one name, and Gruden used the movie homage again when talking to reporters. 

“He’s Mad Maxx,” Gruden said. “He comes off the ball repeatedly with great effort. I like that relentless style he plays with. He has gotten bigger and stronger every year that he has played. And some of his second-effort production is what stands out the most. He’s got a real big upside and a real good role model to learn from in (Ferrell).”

.....I don't understand jocking a rookie this much.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Maxx will be a better player than Key at the very least. It may take a year though after he bulks up. I see Key and Maxx as high quality depth though and neither as starters. But Maxx has much more potential than Key imo. 

Idk I think Key could be a good rotational pass rusher. You know, one of those guys who notches some sacks but isn't really good enough to be a team's best pass rusher, but then gets paid to be one anyway once he hits FA. Like Olivier Vernon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Maxx will be a better player than Key at the very least. It may take a year though after he bulks up. I see Key and Maxx as high quality depth though and neither as starters. But Maxx has much more potential than Key imo. 

I'll take the wait and see approach on Maxx. Yes he has interesting measurables etc. But at least Key has shown he is a decent rotational guy in the NFL and might develop into more. For now the other guy is just a mid round pick who hasn't played a down in the NFL. 

I like this one too as it was posted just before the draft and the guy discusses Ferrell's flaws and why his stock was low during the off-season as well as why 4-3 teams would have him very high on their boards. I'd really recommend if you still have any lingering doubts to watch this one.

The highlighted games I think show what Ferrell could be for us. They show off his smarts and how technically proficient he already is. He comes into the league with a full arsenal of pass-rushing moves and he is disciplined. 

Watching this, it's hard to see how his play won't translate at the next level. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 2:59 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

Idk I think Key could be a good rotational pass rusher. You know, one of those guys who notches some sacks but isn't really good enough to be a team's best pass rusher, but then gets paid to be one anyway once he hits FA. Like Olivier Vernon.

If Key can become a Olivier Vernon type then that’s a steal in the 3rd round. Vernon got paid and that’s the stigma he carries but he can play 

On 5/4/2019 at 2:53 PM, BayRaider said:

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion he will be better. Key would of had more sacks last year if we would of  had pressure from the opposite side

Key was better against the run than expected

12 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

That was nice. I love stuff like that. Thank you Jerry

Absolutely!  I've been swapping between this forum, twitter, and YT to see what people are saying about our picks.  Anytime I see anything that hasn't been posted I try to post it here.  RaidersAreOne has twitter locked down though lol.

I think the only reason why his stock dropped was because he avoided the 40.  The guy is solid, I really enjoyed watching NFLN put out their prediction that he would lead the top rookie pass rushers in sacks this season and hit double digits.  I know K. Mack only had 4, but anything can happen.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jerry said:

Absolutely!  I've been swapping between this forum, twitter, and YT to see what people are saying about our picks.  Anytime I see anything that hasn't been posted I try to post it here.  RaidersAreOne has twitter locked down though lol.

I think the only reason why his stock dropped was because he avoided the 40.  The guy is solid, I really enjoyed watching NFLN put out their prediction that he would lead the top rookie pass rushers in sacks this season and hit double digits.  I know K. Mack only had 4, but anything can happen.

Sacks come down to coverage and scheme fit. Buckner is a fantastic DL coach, if his work in Tampa is any indication. I'm excited to see what he does with the DL. For some reason, Trgovac couldn't get it done, although he didn't have a ton to work with.

• Like 1