Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

2 hours ago, holyghost said:

You Raider fans are schizo, just accept it. 

To be frank, I would have picked Oliver personally and more than anything wanted a trade out.

However, you complain if we reach on bad football athletes who don't perform. You complain about the Al Davis days. But every year you're clamoring for those guys again and again. These are not safe picks at all. I'm not even convinced Bosa is a safe pick considering his brother's injury history. And you're upset when we pick a solid unspectacular smart choice who is a solid scheme fit. Fit is how teams like Pitt and NE win. And how they draft. Not saying this is that. But I just think Raider fans are incredibly fickle. And want to win the draft desperately, but care less about what wins games over the subsequent years. 

I'm hoping we burned a top 5 pick on a permanent shift towards picking with a bottom half of the first round philosophy. Understand what I mean? It's a great pick for a playoff team, not for top 5. However, if we get to some miraculous place where we are a consistent playoff team this is exactly the philosophy to adopt. Boring, pedigree, fit, production. 

Build the team you want to be, then maybe they actually become it.

Bro, you hit the nail on the damn head. Wish I could like this 100 times.

Perfect DE for our defense. Fits the scheme like a glove, not sexy, but it’s the type of pick that’ll turn us around.

yall wanna MLB after we just sacked the QB 13x. Come on. Devin White is the type of pick we make next year when we have a more well rounded roster

Was underwhelmed when the pick was announced but I'm coming around to it. Ultimately I'm glad it's not a QB and at least seems like the kind of player that can be a consistently good starter. Hope he proves me wrong and really breaks out with how dedicated he seems 

Edited by Dodo