Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

With Chris Long retiring, I thought that his career is Ferrell's 'floor' I'd be good with that but I think he has the potential to be SO MUCH more, but we won't know until it's over. I really liked how the DE opposite him looked (Quinn) and expect Ferrell to be like Long where he's good but makes other's better. Always solid and accounted for which frees up others when not schemed against. Will get his 'production' on 1 on 1's...

On 5/19/2019 at 8:32 PM, G said:

With Chris Long retiring, I thought that his career is Ferrell's 'floor' I'd be good with that but I think he has the potential to be SO MUCH more, but we won't know until it's over. I really liked how the DE opposite him looked (Quinn) and expect Ferrell to be like Long where he's good but makes other's better. Always solid and accounted for which frees up others when not schemed against. Will get his 'production' on 1 on 1's...

Personally, I would be pretty disappointed in that. I feel Chris Long had a disappointing career for the #2 overall pick. He was a great leader and teammate, but he simply didn't change the game the way a #2 overall pick should. Did he ever make pro bowl?

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Personally, I would be pretty disappointed in that. I feel Chris Long had a disappointing career for the #2 overall pick. He was a great leader and teammate, but he simply didn't change the game the way a #2 overall pick should. Did he ever make pro bowl?

Yup I always thought he got drafted early because of being Howie Longs son and people were sure the Raiders would take him at #4. It's also why I think Bosa is overrated.

52 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yup I always thought he got drafted early because of being Howie Longs son and people were sure the Raiders would take him at #4. It's also why I think Bosa is overrated.

You think Bosa is overrated because Chris Long is Howie Long's son?

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He was never the same after his ankle injury in 2014. Between 2010-2013 he had 41.5 sacks and was also an excellent run defender. I'd be more than happy with that type of production from Ferrell. 10-11 sacks, good run defense, and a leader in the locker room? That's far from disappointing. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You think Bosa is overrated because Chris Long is Howie Long's son?

I think he's overrated because he ain't all that, always injured and because his last name is Bosa. His college production is not that good and if his name wasn't Bosa with his production he's a mid round pick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I think he's overrated because he ain't all that, always injured and because his last name is Bosa. His college production is not that good and if his name wasn't Bosa with his production he's a mid round pick.

That is absurd if you believe this? His skill set is incredibly polished. He's had some injuries,  but his production when playing and more importantly his skillset and how it translates to the pro game are great. He walks into the NFL with some of the best hand usage of any pro at the position.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That is absurd if you believe this? His skill set is incredibly polished. He's had some injuries,  but his production when playing and more importantly his skillset and how it translates to the pro game are great. He walks into the NFL with some of the best hand usage of any pro at the position.

I guess I'm absurd then we will see.

To further that, Khalil Mack only had 40.5 sacks during his 4 seasons in Oakland. So Long's best stretch of his career was more productive than Mack's time in Oakland yet we look at Mack as the best thing since sliced bread and Long as a disappointment? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Nick Bosa is a better prospect than Joey Bosa...

Yes people get overrated because of siblings, Eli is a prime example, even in college he doesn’t touch Ben or Rivers. However, this is not one of those times. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

To further that, Khalil Mack only had 40.5 sacks during his 4 seasons in Oakland. So Long's best stretch of his career was more productive than Mack's time in Oakland yet we look at Mack as the best thing since sliced bread and Long as a disappointment? 

Long only had 30 sacks in his first 4 seasons, and his best stretch of his career he had only 41.5 sacks and only 2 double digit sack seasons in his career for the number 2 pick overall, Mack already has 4 double digit seasons, Mack is still in the process of having the best stretch in his career and will continue to have double digit sack seasons so no it's not even close. Bogus argument.

Edited by raidr4life

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Nick Bosa is a better prospect than Joey Bosa...

Yes people get overrated because of siblings, Eli is a prime example, even in college he doesn’t touch Ben or Rivers. However, this is not one of those times. 

Whatever they had the same draft grade coming out and Joey is already a stud I bet Nick won't be better.

A reason why we passed on Allen:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-rumors-raiders-questioned-josh-205110686.html

But The Athletic's Vic Tafur reported Friday that the Raiders had some concerns with Allen, who fell to the Jacksonville Jaguars at No. 7.

"Basically I heard that the Raiders weren't that impressed," Tafur wrote. "I reported pretty early on he wasn't in play for them at No. 4. I would never question a player's toughness but there were concerns that he got pushed around a little on some plays at Kentucky and he may not have had enough dog in him for Gruden and Guenther's liking." 

Allen met with the Raiders on one of his final pre-draft visits. He watched film with general manager Mike Mayock and the two broke down his positives and negatives on the field. 

"We watched some film together, good and bad clips of myself," Allen said to NBC Sports Bay Area in April. "He taught me and showed me what I can improve on. What I do good, too."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

"Basically I heard that the Raiders weren't that impressed," Tafur wrote. "I reported pretty early on he wasn't in play for them at No. 4. I would never question a player's toughness but there were concerns that he got pushed around a little on some plays at Kentucky and he may not have had enough dog in him for Gruden and Guenther's liking." 

I hope he has no gas in the tank when we play them at the end of the year.  If I was him on Decenber 15th I would try knock every QB we have in pads out of the game and destroy Miller.  Just gave this man all the motivation he needs to make sure he is up for this game.  I wonder if we could piss off any more DEs for next year besides Mack and Allen.  Maybe we should come up with some stuff to say about Clark, Clowney, Bosa, Ingram, Chubb, Hunter...etc.  I feel sorry for Carr if Miller does not hold up.

On 5/21/2019 at 10:39 PM, raidr4life said:

I am bigger on Nick Bosa’s college tape over his brother