Sign in to follow this  
true2form

Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

With Chris Long retiring, I thought that his career is Ferrell's 'floor' I'd be good with that but I think he has the potential to be SO MUCH more, but we won't know until it's over. I really liked how the DE opposite him looked (Quinn) and expect Ferrell to be like Long where he's good but makes other's better. Always solid and accounted for which frees up others when not schemed against. Will get his 'production' on 1 on 1's...

On 5/19/2019 at 8:32 PM, G said:

With Chris Long retiring, I thought that his career is Ferrell's 'floor' I'd be good with that but I think he has the potential to be SO MUCH more, but we won't know until it's over. I really liked how the DE opposite him looked (Quinn) and expect Ferrell to be like Long where he's good but makes other's better. Always solid and accounted for which frees up others when not schemed against. Will get his 'production' on 1 on 1's...

Personally, I would be pretty disappointed in that. I feel Chris Long had a disappointing career for the #2 overall pick. He was a great leader and teammate, but he simply didn't change the game the way a #2 overall pick should. Did he ever make pro bowl?

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Personally, I would be pretty disappointed in that. I feel Chris Long had a disappointing career for the #2 overall pick. He was a great leader and teammate, but he simply didn't change the game the way a #2 overall pick should. Did he ever make pro bowl?

Yup I always thought he got drafted early because of being Howie Longs son and people were sure the Raiders would take him at #4. It's also why I think Bosa is overrated.

52 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yup I always thought he got drafted early because of being Howie Longs son and people were sure the Raiders would take him at #4. It's also why I think Bosa is overrated.

You think Bosa is overrated because Chris Long is Howie Long's son?

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He was never the same after his ankle injury in 2014. Between 2010-2013 he had 41.5 sacks and was also an excellent run defender. I'd be more than happy with that type of production from Ferrell. 10-11 sacks, good run defense, and a leader in the locker room? That's far from disappointing. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You think Bosa is overrated because Chris Long is Howie Long's son?

I think he's overrated because he ain't all that, always injured and because his last name is Bosa. His college production is not that good and if his name wasn't Bosa with his production he's a mid round pick.

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I think he's overrated because he ain't all that, always injured and because his last name is Bosa. His college production is not that good and if his name wasn't Bosa with his production he's a mid round pick.

That is absurd if you believe this? His skill set is incredibly polished. He's had some injuries,  but his production when playing and more importantly his skillset and how it translates to the pro game are great. He walks into the NFL with some of the best hand usage of any pro at the position.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That is absurd if you believe this? His skill set is incredibly polished. He's had some injuries,  but his production when playing and more importantly his skillset and how it translates to the pro game are great. He walks into the NFL with some of the best hand usage of any pro at the position.

I guess I'm absurd then we will see.