Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

This is Kolton Miller de ja vu. Ferrell was never gonna be that good his rookie year. I was expecting maybe 4 sacks this year (hopefully picks it up a bit). Ferrell will look solid next year and this fanbase is just in a endless loop of mistakes and never learn. He’s a rookie. Going from dreadful to good from rookie to sophomore year is completely common at every position. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is Kolton Miller de ja vu. Ferrell was never gonna be that good his rookie year. I was expecting maybe 4 sacks this year (hopefully picks it up a bit). Ferrell will look solid next year and this fanbase is just in a endless loop of mistakes and never learn. He’s a rookie. Going from dreadful to good from rookie to sophomore year is completely common at every position. 

everyone wants instant gratification, its 5 games in and hes already getting called out. Let the kid develop. You would think they would learn from last years 1st rounder, who everyone on here thought was a bum. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

everyone wants instant gratification, its 5 games in and hes already getting called out. Let the kid develop. You would think they would learn from last years 1st rounder, who everyone on here thought was a bum. 

That’s the problem, this forum, not just Raider fans, are wayyyy too quick to form opinions. Both good and bad. 

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Define solid please lol we are talking about a top 5 pick 

Just now, SimonGruber said:

Define solid please lol we are talking about a top 5 pick 

Yes and you don’t “swing for the fences” for a superstar just because you have a Top 5 Pick. Burns/Allen are a misfit in a 4-3 and terrible run defenders. You can argue we should of taken White, that’s the only guy even worth an argument. But he’s also been trash this year. 

Ferrell was always going to be a 7 sack a year, elite run defender, Brandon Graham for comparison (always in PFFs Top 50) type of player. Were you expecting a Mack/Von? No. 

We will get our premiere pass rusher this draft probably and that guy and Ferrell will be a dominant duo. We always needed two EDGE’s. And you only need one pass rushing stud. 

dang this gets old.lol first off for the record ive never been down on miller,  it was obvious the injury affected him. the guy I wanted hasn't panned out and has made me reevaluate my position on drafting samoans / pacific islanders (vita vea) lmao!  I liked the Ferrell pick given that bosa was off the board, and WE HAD 0 TRADE DOWN OFFERS HELLO?  at least give the guy a second season before declaring bust status for cryin out loud,lol. ya never know, we might have our pass rushing stud already on the team (mad maxx) by next year we could be seeing 6 to 8 out of Ferrell and 10+ outta Crosby. that wont match miller and chubb but both were taken top 10 sooo…...hell, if Ferrell got 2 in this next game everyone hating would be loving.lol  none of us had high expectations for our overall sack totals this year, we just wanted improvement, its only slight , but we have improved, and we`re still 9 games from the finish line. Don't get me wrong, I want improvement from Ferrell …...but I don't expect that to happen overnight.

• Like 2

btw , I noticed everyone mentions allen, burns and winovich (all on good defenses) nobody has mentioned sweat, and plenty of yall were all over the guy. don't know how hes fared so far , just an observation.lol  ok just looked it up, 26 tackles and 1.5 sacks. fwiw

Edited by Devilshark69

14 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

btw , I noticed everyone mentions allen, burns and winovich (all on good defenses) nobody has mentioned sweat, and plenty of yall were all over the guy. don't know how hes fared so far , just an observation.lol

Ed Oliver was supposed to be the next Aaron Donald. Rashan Gary who everybody had us picking 4?

Edited by raidr4life

42 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

btw , I noticed everyone mentions allen, burns and winovich (all on good defenses) nobody has mentioned sweat, and plenty of yall were all over the guy. don't know how hes fared so far , just an observation.lol  ok just looked it up, 26 tackles and 1.5 sacks. fwiw

Sweat has been worse than Ferrell.