Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Sweat was projected way higher than Ferrell before condition though. 

Yes and Ferrell could not run and most had him projected in the teens.  Allen and Bosa where the 2 top DEs that deserved to go top 10.  Everyone else feel except Ferrell because we reached.  I like Ferrell and think he can become a really good player but I do not believe he will ever live up to the #4 pick.  For me it was Allen or White at 4.  I preferred White because he gave us the much needed speed from the LBer position and would give us more pass rush ability with Guenther's blitzes up the middle then pass rush from the DE spot.  White proved to be a + athlete that produced in college.  Exactly what I want and expect when drafting in the top ten.  If you are missing either of those then you should drop.

58 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Ferrell was suppose to be PRO ready with a lower ceiling due to his athletic ability. Mad Max has played better and suppose to be a raw 4th rounder 

Who cares what they were "suppose" to do. Let's see how they develop in years 2 and 3. The reason fans like yourself get so worked up is your perceived expectations of how things are :"suppose" to be.

Good life lesson for you... eliminate expectations and enjoy the process. You'll be happier and make much more intelligent posts vs. beating a dead horse constantly when things don't according to your expectations. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Who cares what they were "suppose" to do. Let's see how they develop in years 2 and 3. The reason fans like yourself get so worked up is your perceived expectations of how things are :"suppose" to be.

Good life lesson for you... eliminate expectations and enjoy the process. You'll be happier and make much more intelligent posts vs. beating a dead horse constantly when things don't according to your expectations. 

Stop making excuses 🛑  Jacobs a baller, Bosa a baller. Either you got it or be the whipping boy. Of course there is expectations when you are drafted in the top 5. Duh 🙄 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

You don’t draft someone top 5 with the hope they are okay in year 2 or 3

Sorry everyone but I have to agree here.  The only exceptions are QBs but a top five QB should start at some point year one.  Some use Brandon Graham as a projection but he is a player that has averaged 4.5 sacks a season his career and was drafted in the teens where myself and others have said he should have been drafted.  I do not think anyone one has said he is a bust, I could be wrong, but rather is not the type of player you expect to get with a top five pick.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Sorry everyone but I have to agree here.  The only exceptions are QBs but a top five QB should start at some point year one.  Some use Brandon Graham as a projection but he is a player that has averaged 4.5 sacks a season his career and was drafted in the teens where myself and others have said he should have been drafted.  I do not think anyone one has said he is a bust, I could be wrong, but rather is not the type of player you expect to get with a top five pick.

Unfortunately you guys ain't living in reality the truth is lots of top 5 picks bust, lots take time to develop, and some come in and have instant success that's the reality.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Unfortunately you guys ain't living in reality the truth is lots of top 5 picks bust, lots take time to develop, and some come in and have instant success that's the reality.

It is not about bust or not.  A top five selection needs to have produced and, not or, have elite physical characteristics.  Having a high ceiling.  Now in the end you must rate bust potential but that is a balance with the other characteristics.  If I told you you could have 0% chance of busting average starter for ten years with the #4 pick or a player with a 33% chance of being a bust, 34% chance of being an all pro , and a 33% chance of being a HOF which do you choose?  If I am a team trying to rebuild and find an identity I select the chance to get a HOF.  If I am an established playoff team that needs to fill 1 hole to put me over the top drafting later in the first I take the sure thing.

In the end high production in college and elite physical abilities reduce the chance of busting because they are a reflection of commitment and how well the skills displayed in college will translate to the next level.  It is not a sure thing but Ferrell not running should have been a big enough red flag for us not to draft him #4 because he lacks elite physical abilities which limit his ceiling and increase his chance to bust.  I do not think he will but he is a greater risk with less potential for reward.  If he does not reach top ten DE status for a few years in his career he is at the very least an over drafted player and wasted draft capital.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It is not about bust or not.  A top five selection needs to have produced and, not or, have elite physical characteristics.  Having a high ceiling.  Now in the end you must rate bust potential but that is a balance with the other characteristics.  If I told you you could have 0% chance of busting average starter for ten years with the #4 pick or a player with a 33% chance of being a bust, 34% chance of being an all pro , and a 33% chance of being a HOF which do you choose?  If I am a team trying to rebuild and find an identity I select the chance to get a HOF.  If I am an established playoff team that needs to fill 1 hole to put me over the top drafting later in the first I take the sure thing.

In the end high production in college and elite physical abilities reduce the chance of busting because they are a reflection of commitment and how well the skills displayed in college will translate to the next level.  It is not a sure thing but Ferrell not running should have been a big enough red flag for us not to draft him #4 because he lacks elite physical abilities which limit his ceiling and increase his chance to bust.  I do not think he will but he is a greater risk with less potential for reward.  If he does not reach top ten DE status for a few years in his career he is at the very least an over drafted player and wasted draft capital.

Well said

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I understand and agree to some extent, but Mayock has a "character" and "fit" vision. Unsure if I agree with it but collectively very impressed with this draft. We'll see how it all turns out.

5 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

this. I wish everyone would stop mentioning trading down, we had no takers neither did the jets.....the end.lol

There's a parallel universe where you can sign all the FAs you want and get favorable trades whenever you feel like it. It's called a mock. It has made people believe the real thing should run as smoothly.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

There's a parallel universe where you can sign all the FAs you want and get favorable trades whenever you feel like it. It's called a mock. It has made people believe the real thing should run as smoothly.

LMAO!  aint that the truth. thanks for the laugh, I needed that this morning.