Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

BIG YIKES 😬 

At this point I’m not sure if Ferrell knows what an opposing QB is at this time. 

Certainly been a disappointment. Exacerbated by the fact Josh Allen looks like a franchise player. 

He's only 22. Raiders are invested in him. Just have to hope he turns the corner. Turns out, the Raiders were not smarter than everyone else on this pick.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

People were ragging on Kolton Miller worse last year and look how he's turned it around. I wonder if Ferrell is hurt?

Eh don’t like the comparison of the two. Miller was a project. Ferrell was looked at as being pro ready.

I hope Ferrell turns it around, but I’m not holding my breath on it. To be honest he doesn’t look like an NFL player. Gruden and Mayock won’t admit it but deep down you know they messed up. 

• Like 1

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Fair enough. Was just getting at you can't write off a guy after half a rookie season.

Yeah honestly in watching him, he hasn't stood out to me as a liability by any means. He has nice length and a solid frame. He needs to build strength so he can win like he did with power in college. Once OT's respect his power rush, speed/counters become more effective. 

I'm also not ready to throw in the towel on Ferrell. It's just way too early. 

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

People were ragging on Kolton Miller worse last year and look how he's turned it around. I wonder if Ferrell is hurt?

I've been wondering the same. I'm not trying to make excuses for him and I'm not saying he has Mack-type explosion, but I remember thinking he looked like he had some potential during the preseason. He was closing on Murray in pursuit against the cards. He looks pretty sluggish right now and doesn't use his hands that actively for a guy who is supposed to be a technician 

45 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Certainly been a disappointment. Exacerbated by the fact Josh Allen looks like a franchise player. 

He's only 22. Raiders are invested in him. Just have to hope he turns the corner. Turns out, the Raiders were not smarter than everyone else on this pick.

Impossible Josh hands are too small to be good 

25 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's not strong enough to beat guards consistently on 3rd down. It's not what he was asked to do in college... Not exactly positioning him for success.

I said this exactly and I hate we do this alot we draft a guy and play them out of position stunting there growth asking them to do something totally different then what they did in College should have drafted a DT if that's what the wanted.

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I’m not all that concerned about his performance because they move him to DT a good amount of time. You have to take that into account also the difficult schedule the Raiders had.

Is moving him inside more of an insult towards Hall and Hurst? The system is predicated on interior pressure. I think they just want their best four pass rushers out there. Crosby and Mayowa are our best two at the moment. Guenther needs to call more stunts and twists if we are going to just rush four all the time. Maybe we aren't doing that because of all the mobile QBs we have faced lately?