Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

Just now, SimonGruber said:

Did I ever said Allen will be a bust at any point in time? Like I said, for 3-4 teams he was my #1 player on the board. 

However, yes, I still fully believe Ferrell is gonna have a much better career than Josh Allen. 

It’s been seven games. You can even find quotes of me saying Ferrell will have four sacks this year and be average in every phase of the game. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Did I ever said Allen will be a bust at any point in time? Like I said, for 3-4 teams he was my #1 player on the board. 

However, yes, I still fully believe Ferrell is gonna have a much better career than Josh Allen. 

It’s been seven games. You can even find quotes of me saying Ferrell will have four sacks this year and be average in every phase of the game. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Just now, big_palooka said:

giphy.gif

I’m not flipping on anything. I did say Allen was the #1 3-4 prospect multiple times. Just not a good fit for a 4-3. While he’d get some sacks, he’d be a huge liability in the run game. 

And I still think Ferrell will have a better career than Josh Allen. Not flipping there. 

So I don’t understand the GIF. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not flipping on anything. I did say Allen was the #1 3-4 prospect multiple times. Just not a good fit for a 4-3. While he’d get some sacks, he’d be a huge liability in the run game. 

And I still think Ferrell will have a better career than Josh Allen. Not flipping there. 

So I don’t understand the GIF. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Yeah you did miss it Humble Beast actually calling him a bust repeatedly every single day. Unless you consider him a nobody then carry on sir.

Looks like I did.  I think a better phrase for Ferrell is over-drafted at this point relative to others drafted this year.  I do not consider him a nobody.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I agree with your assessment that Ferrell is a better run stopper than Allen.  I don't know who will have a better career but I will say that Ferrell is a better overall 4-3 DE because of his run stuffing abilities.  Ferrell will never be a player who can dominate on his own but when we get that dominate player opposite of him ,Ferrell will flourish and should be a very well balanced DE. 

I will say it sure is a help rushing the passer when you have Campbell and YN rushing the passer and the focus of D coordinators.  Put Allen on the Raiders and I assure you he would have less sacks than he has on the Jags and I was a big fan of Allen, as he was one of the players I was hoping we would take at 4.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

I said this during the draft, but the differences between a 3-4 edge and 4-3 edge are overblown. A team picking Allen over because they run a 3-4 is just as idiotic as the Raiders for picking Ferrell over Allen. Allen is every bit the run defender Ferrell is with more ability to make plays behind the line of scrimmage. 

• Like 2

Plus we run a lot of wide 9 to threaten LBs at the double A gaps and not only would Allen be good at wide 9, he'd have been good at LB threatening blitz too.

Ferrell isn't a kill me bust though so it's not that important. The big miss was not trading up for Bosa, much more so than Ferrell over Allen.