Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

If I learned anything bashing Kolton Miller last year, I will wait until year 2 to start judging Ferrell. But certainly been a disappointing start to his career.

Which is odd as he was a stud at Clemson. Great technique and power. He was smart and instinctive against good competion. His work against Jonah Williams was eye popping.

Where is that guy?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If I learned anything bashing Kolton Miller last year, I will wait until year 2 to start judging Ferrell. But certainly been a disappointing start to his career.

Which is odd as he was a stud at Clemson. Great technique and power. He was smart and instinctive against good competion. His work against Jonah Williams was eye popping.

Where is that guy?

Not on a dominate dline on a championship defense.  Not able to over power NFL olineman yet. Doesnt have any real pass rushing moves. No bend. Being moved all over the dline while trying to adjust to nfl game. 

That's where he is. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Not really any different than the excuse-making for him in this thread. And the article tried hard to give Ferrell more credit than he deserved in the last play, Ferrell didn't tie up the tight end delaying his release, the tight end was clearly assigned to block and release into his route leaving Ferrell to be an unblocked defender.

Edited by Rich7sena

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Not really any different than the excuse-making for him in this thread. And the article tried hard to give Ferrell more credit than he deserved in the last play, Ferrell didn't tie up the tight end delay his release, the tight end was clearly assigned to block and release into his route leaving Ferrell to be an unblocked defender.

tying up tight end Jesse James long enough at the line of scrimmage to delay his release

22 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

tying up tight end Jesse James long enough at the line of scrimmage to delay his release

My point is that James' release wasn't delayed, it was part of the play as designed. James willfully engaged Ferrell before disengaging into his route. I'd say Erik Harris did more to disrupt James than Ferrell.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

My point is that James' release wasn't delayed, it was part of the play as designed. James willfully engaged Ferrell before disengaging into his route. I'd say Erik Harris did more to disrupt James than Ferrell.

If you watch that play and that is your come away then my time is wasted here. Ferrell caused a rushed pass. Stafford still put it on the money because he is VERY good, KoJo broke it up.

2 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

If you watch that play and that is your come away then my time is wasted here. Ferrell caused a rushed pass. Stafford still put it on the money because he is VERY good, KoJo broke it up.

The play was effectively a screen. Ferrell was an unblocked rusher. He did nothing special on that play.

There are far better plays to point to being optimistic about Ferrell (although I am not), but this was not one of them.

Edited by Rich7sena

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

The play was effectively a screen. Ferrell was an unblocked rusher. He did nothing special on that play.

ok just watched it on gamepass in SlowMo. Cle forces James inside much more then he wanted. It wasn't a clean disengage. James was the Primary Option on the play most definitely and Harris jammed him and took him out of the play. If Cle wasn't in Staffords face he would have held it and James would have got free of Harris. 

It was a great play by the defense overall. Why do you have to slight Cle. Cle played really well in that game. 

4 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

ok just watched it on gamepass in SlowMo. Cle forces James inside much more then he wanted. It wasn't a clean disengage. James was the Primary Option on the play most definitely and Harris jammed him and took him out of the play. If Cle wasn't in Staffords face he would have held it and James would have got free of Harris. 

It was a great play by the defense overall. Why do you have to slight Cle. Cle played really well in that game. 

I disagree with your assessment of the play regarding Ferrell and James. James was uninhibited in the slightest by Ferrell. Not that he was supposed to jam James; Ferrell's responsibility was to rush inside of James. The best argument you can make for Ferrell is that he didn't run down the weak play-action (everyone in the stadium knew this was going to be a pass).

I also disagree that Ferrell played really well on Sunday. He looked virtually the same he has looked all season. Among the ends, I only think Key played well.

I'm not slighting Ferrell; I'm just saying what I see. 

18 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

It's coming  from a guy who said this "I would have rather picked Gary than Ferrell,."

• Like 1