Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ferrell needs to get bigger and stronger and he will. Look at PJ in year 2. Dude is blowing interior OL off the LOS.

PJ been making some big plays and not getting attention. He certainly needs to be more consistent if he wants to be a long term starter but he’s lookin pretty good. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I agree with you guys. Hankins was such a great pickup, I was bummed when we didn't pay him big $$ in FA the first time. Point is. Hurst and PJ are both in each other's way imo. Can't take Hankins off the field for either guy unless its a sure passing down.

Honestly they were probably thinking about trading Hurst that's why they played him so much during pre season to show case him, but PJ has been inconsistent so they didn't want to risk it, they both had their moments tho.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Wait... you mean to tell me a 21 year old player can develop after 5 professional games. Surely you jest? @Humble_Beast

Nah he's a bust. Players are who they are when they come in and thats all they'll ever be. Ferrell isn't a big game player. Look how bad he played against Jonah Williams. Big reach pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Nah he's a bust. Players are who they are when they come in and thats all they'll ever be. Ferrell isn't a big game player. Look how bad he played against Jonah Williams. Big reach pick.

I mean the bolded is still true. Not to be harsh on the guy but its 2 games. Lets see what he does in a big sample size before we judge

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I mean the bolded is still true. Not to be harsh on the guy but its 2 games. Lets see what he does in a big sample size before we judge

Yeah I'm not acting like he was the steal of the draft. But he could still become a very good player. It's too early to say either way. He has crazy length and needs to continue to develop moves/power. I trust Buckner to get him there.

26 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

He picked on two weak olines. Let’s see how the season plays out. Crosby looked like JJ Watt against the same oline

2 weeks ago you declare him a bust... now you want to see how the season plays out.

Flip... Flop... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

He picked on two weak olines. Let’s see how the season plays out. Crosby looked like JJ Watt against the same oline

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

2 weeks ago you declare him a bust... now you want to see how the season plays out.

Flip... Flop... 

giphy.gif

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 11:28 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ferrell needs to get bigger and stronger and he will. Look at PJ in year 2. Dude is blowing interior OL off the LOS.

The next step for PJ to become a true force is learning how to disengage from OL.  The guy knocks OL back 3-5 yards but then stays on them,  they regain their balance and composure and keep him from getting to the QB.

• Like 1