Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

On 5/23/2019 at 3:09 PM, drfrey13 said:

I hope he has no gas in the tank when we play them at the end of the year.  If I was him on Decenber 15th I would try knock every QB we have in pads out of the game and destroy Miller.  Just gave this man all the motivation he needs to make sure he is up for this game.  I wonder if we could piss off any more DEs for next year besides Mack and Allen.  Maybe we should come up with some stuff to say about Clark, Clowney, Bosa, Ingram, Chubb, Hunter...etc.  I feel sorry for Carr if Miller does not hold up.

Let me change this up a little.

I hope Miller and T. Brown stone wall every pass rusher you listed.  I hope we return to greatness.  I hope we make each and every pass rusher in the AFCW look mediocre.  I hope they say stuff about our OTs and our OTs proceed to thoroughly shut them all down, while we throw 40+ TDs and rush for over 2,500 yards.

There.  Better.

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 1:09 PM, drfrey13 said:

I hope he has no gas in the tank when we play them at the end of the year.  If I was him on Decenber 15th I would try knock every QB we have in pads out of the game and destroy Miller.  Just gave this man all the motivation he needs to make sure he is up for this game.  I wonder if we could piss off any more DEs for next year besides Mack and Allen.  Maybe we should come up with some stuff to say about Clark, Clowney, Bosa, Ingram, Chubb, Hunter...etc.  I feel sorry for Carr if Miller does not hold up.

Ooh we scared!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

I hope Miller and T. Brown stone wall every pass rusher you listed.  I hope we return to greatness.  I hope we make each and every pass rusher in the AFCW look mediocre.  I hope they say stuff about our OTs and our OTs proceed to thoroughly shut them all down, while we throw 40+ TDs and rush for over 2,500 yards.

There.  Better.

I like it...I'm too negative for too long but don't think it changes til I get some wing sauce on my crow...:ph34r:

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

There.  Better.

I hope that happens along with me being wrong about every negative viewpoint I have.  I even hope Cable proves to be a great o-line coach.  I am just implying that we do not need to throw anymore blood in the water until we figure out how to give Carr more than 3 seconds to throw a pass.

Fact:

1) Those are great pass rushers.

2) We had horrible o line play last year.

Hope:

1) We can shut down these pass rushers.

2) We have drastically improved our o line.

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not but Carr sure was last year.

No he wasn't.  He played smart.  He got hit by car sized DE's and delivered some very clutch plays.  If nothing was there, he did his best to protect the ball.  He may have fumbled 10+ times, but that was him trying to deliver the pass.  Trying to succeed.  Don't talk about his toughness, I'm tired of this.  I'd like to see any man in here get hit 15 times in 60 minutes by men running 20+ mph at 275+ lbs right into your stomach and see you stand back up.  I can't stand this keyboard warrior mentality.  DC has grit, end of story.  His entire career invalidates your post.

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I hope that happens along with me being wrong about every negative viewpoint I have.  I even hope Cable proves to be a great o-line coach.  I am just implying that we do not need to throw anymore blood in the water until we figure out how to give Carr more than 3 seconds to throw a pass.

Fact:

1) Those are great pass rushers.

2) We had horrible o line play last year.

Hope:

1) We can shut down these pass rushers.

2) We have drastically improved our o line.

Really, because it sounded more like your continued Ferrell bashing and Allen pimping.

51 minutes ago, Jerry said:

No he wasn't.  He played smart.  He got hit by car sized DE's and delivered some very clutch plays.  If nothing was there, he did his best to protect the ball.  He may have fumbled 10+ times, but that was him trying to deliver the pass.  Trying to succeed.  Don't talk about his toughness, I'm tired of this.  I'd like to see any man in here get hit 15 times in 60 minutes by men running 20+ mph at 275+ lbs right into your stomach and see you stand back up.  I can't stand this keyboard warrior mentality.  DC has grit, end of story.  His entire career invalidates your post.

I said nothing about his toughness.  HIs poor o line play would make most pro QBs scared because of what you pointed out.  To not be scared would be stupid and I have said many times that the o-line play is the reason for most of our poor play last year.  We all know he was hearing footsteps last year.  He has to learn to trust his o line again.  My issues that I want to see Carr improve on are:

1) Find the open WR.  This is from watching Cooper wreck shop and Carr not looking his way 90% of the time.

2) Use your legs when needed.  It will help slow down the pass rush.  QBs that can run a 4.7 40 should not be in the same zip code as Brady when it comes to rush yards.

3) It sucks and it is scary, even for an internet tough guy, but sometimes you have to be willing to take the shot to win the game.  As the game progresses the mentality that you live to play the next play becomes less and less.  4th down, game on the line you do not throw it in the dirt.  Throw it up and give somebody a chance even if the play design is not there.  Worst case scenario is they get an int.

25 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Really, because it sounded more like your continued Ferrell bashing and Allen pimping.

First I like Ferrell but believe Allen is better value at 4.  My issue was more about producing bulletin board material for our opponents, specifically DEs when we could not protect our QB last year, when we need to be focused on ourselves.  The comments could have been kept to we like Ferrell more than Allen type stuff without pointing out what an opponents player can not do.  That just motivates them to prove you wrong.  It is not rocket science and it is what most teams do.  Now I know it was from Vic Tafur but you have to let him know that you do not want criticism like that coming out.  'Basically they were not that impressed" or you could say Ferrell blew them away and they would have taken Ferrell as one of the top 3 players in the draft.

47 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I said nothing about his toughness.  HIs poor o line play would make most pro QBs scared because of what you pointed out.  To not be scared would be stupid and I have said many times that the o-line play is the reason for most of our poor play last year.  We all know he was hearing footsteps last year.  He has to learn to trust his o line again.  My issues that I want to see Carr improve on are:

1) Find the open WR.  This is from watching Cooper wreck shop and Carr not looking his way 90% of the time.

2) Use your legs when needed.  It will help slow down the pass rush.  QBs that can run a 4.7 40 should not be in the same zip code as Brady when it comes to rush yards.

3) It sucks and it is scary, even for an internet tough guy, but sometimes you have to be willing to take the shot to win the game.  As the game progresses the mentality that you live to play the next play becomes less and less.  4th down, game on the line you do not throw it in the dirt.  Throw it up and give somebody a chance even if the play design is not there.  Worst case scenario is they get an int.

I'm not wasting my time reading all this. I read the first line of you saying you said nothing about his toughness. You said he was scared last year. Done. Ttyl.

I wish Ferrell all the best, but alot of his highlights he was blocked one on one and wasn't the focus of the other team...he played with alot of talent on Clemson..  our defense still lacks talent. simple breakdown

DE- think we all agree this unit below average. hopefully the prospects Maxx, Ferrell, Ball, Key step up

DT- Hankins is a good NT, we have depth with Jelly. UT  - Hurst had a good rookie year, and Hall has potential. Unit is solid with potential

LB-  I see average LBs in Whitehead, Vontaze, Marshall , all have their red flags

CB- this unit should be alot better.  Conely , Worely, Mullens, Nelson all young, good athletes, faster than our DBs of the past. unit could look worse with no pass rush tho 

S- Joyner, Abram, Joseph  should be a solid and depth with this unit

think this offseason was getting more talent on the offense, next offseason will be the defensive upgrades to the edge rush, LBs.  only improved our DTs, DBs since Gruden has been here