Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

3 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

I was reading that most of his game was based on power and technique, rather than speed. He was able to rag doll opponents in college but can’t do that anymore. With another offseason of training, he should be better. If we are going to insist on sliding him inside on passing downs, we may want him to play at 275-280 anyway.

See that's one thing I do not like at all about PG's D. I wish we would just keep him at DE and let him work on that position rather than getting thrown in the middle where he hasn't looked effective. We have some promising interior rushers too in Hurst, Hall, Hankins, etc. I'd rather see a Hurst/Hall interior with Ferrell and Crosby/Key when rushing.

• Like 3

He was an overdraft at #4 but a good fit for our defense. Good character and competitor who won’t WOW us. Probably would have slipped to 24 but whatever. He’s a RAIDER now and so he has my support until he sucks. Lol not living up to draft status isn’t his fault, that’s the guy’s making the picks fault. Crosby has been a surprise but I’m still looking at DE as a draft need in the first round. Pass rushers are hard to find...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Not saying he's going to become Khalil Mack. But as I remember, Mack didn't light up the NFL his rookie year. Be patient with the kid.

Unfortunately, because they were both top 5 picks and due to the trade they are both going to be compared for their careers and whilst it's true Mack didn't 'dominate' in his rookie year, particularly on the stats sheet it was pretty evident he was a force of nature, very good against the run, and whilst he didn't get home more than 4 times he had tons of pressures and hits. I like Ferrell as a player and with patience he'll be a good DE but anyone who wants him to be Khalil Mack will be disappointed I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, G said:

He was an overdraft at #4 but a good fit for our defense. Good character and competitor who won’t WOW us. Probably would have slipped to 24 but whatever. He’s a RAIDER now and so he has my support until he sucks. Lol not living up to draft status isn’t his fault, that’s the guy’s making the picks fault. Crosby has been a surprise but I’m still looking at DE as a draft need in the first round. Pass rushers are hard to find...

I like your post but there is zero chance he goes to 24. I had him 13-18 range in all of my mocks, usually 13 to Miami. The only website who thought Ferrell would go to 24 is PFF. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I like your post but there is zero chance he goes to 24. I had him 13-18 range in all of my mocks, usually 13 to Miami. The only website who thought Ferrell would go to 24 is PFF. 

Almost all the mocks had Sweat going before Ferrell and he made it so the possibility is there.  He could have also gone #5 but that does not mean either way that he deserved to go #4.  With Allen and White still on the board you take one of the 2 if nobody wants to trade down.  We need difference makers if we are picking top 10.  I like Ferrell and think he will be good but at #4 I want great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Almost all the mocks had Sweat going before Ferrell and he made it so the possibility is there.  He could have also gone #5 but that does not mean either way that he deserved to go #4.  With Allen and White still on the board you take one of the 2 if nobody wants to trade down.  We need difference makers if we are picking top 10.  I like Ferrell and think he will be good but at #4 I want great.

Sweat dropped purely because of the condition. Although I didn’t like him much anyways. Poor mans Leonard Floyd. And I don’t even want Leonard Floyd. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Sweat dropped purely because of the condition. Although I didn’t like him much anyways. Poor mans Leonard Floyd. And I don’t even want Leonard Floyd. 

Yes and Ferrell questions about his athleticism because of not running at the combine or pro day.  e had red flags also and we still decided to take him number 4.  Something I would not ave done and if he was taken before I could get him at 24 or trade up into the 15-18 range then I would say good luck Mr. Ferrell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Yes and Ferrell questions about his athleticism because of not running at the combine or pro day.  e had red flags also and we still decided to take him number 4.  Something I would not ave done and if he was taken before I could get him at 24 or trade up into the 15-18 range then I would say good luck Mr. Ferrell.

Wish QW woulda fell or a trade back. You gotta believe Mayock just couldn’t trade back, he definitely must of called every team up until 12-13 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I still don’t understand how the Niners always win a coin flip against us. There should be a lottery for same records. We lost out a Pro Bowl Level T to the Niners last year and Nick Bosa this year. 

The niners also beat the Raiders head to head. You’d think that would matter. Really they should have just lost to the cardinals. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

The niners also beat the Raiders head to head. You’d think that would matter. Really they should have just lost to the cardinals. 

I was rooting hardcore against us for the Cardinal game and was absolutely mortified when we won, I knew we had just severely screwed up. We would of had the 2nd, maybe even 1st pick in the draft. You’d either be watching Sack Master Bosa or Murray dropping dimes (and an additional 1st for four total 1st Rounders with a Carr trade on draft night). 

Can’t believe most were cheering for the win there. Probably lost out on a Hall of Famer. Some fans are selfish. Some people will read this post and think “WTF is this guy on, wins all day!! Hes on crack!” These are people who cannot, probably ever, even outside of football, think outside the box, and are probably not even successful in their own lives. 

• Like 1

I wanted to lose (Bosa) and only one other time which was for the 2007 draft and that didn’t work out too well. Lol 

I wanted Russell until I saw some interviews then CJ was my want and would have taken AP. I remember rumors the Browns wanted to trade up for Russell. A trade down when there can save you from yourself. Lol

Because of getting ish value on trade downs during Reggie’s tenure I can see why we didn’t take less for a trade down and that is smart for long term success. Got great value in the later rounds. 

Drfrey already pointed out why I felt he’d slip to late first (Ferrell) If we got Allen (even at lb) and Sweat I’d still be happy and Jacobs at 27 would probably be there maybe even 35 with how many slipped and how many went high the year before. 

Mall that said we’ve got some quality guys but Abram’s game might get him ejected.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I was rooting hardcore against us for the Cardinal game and was absolutely mortified when we won, I knew we had just severely screwed up. We would of had the 2nd, maybe even 1st pick in the draft. You’d either be watching Sack Master Bosa or Murray dropping dimes (and an additional 1st for four total 1st Rounders with a Carr trade on draft night). 

Can’t believe most were cheering for the win there. Probably lost out on a Hall of Famer. Some fans are selfish. Some people will read this post and think “WTF is this guy on, wins all day!! Hes on crack!” These are people who cannot, probably ever, even outside of football, think outside the box, and are probably not even successful in their own lives. 

lol. I remember that game and that was the most ugly win I can remember. After we got destroyed against the 49ers 3rd string last year, I wanted us to get the 1st pick. Better to build for long term than finish 4-12 instead of 3-13. Morale isn't hurt by losing one more game, 4-12 and 3-13 both suck.. have to be better than that