Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

Never get the well Mack only had 4 sacks his rookie year so be patient with Ferrell statement. Mack flashed his rookie year and made you say okay I see why they took him. Ferrell is so stiff and well only 4 games in has shown no sign up a pass rush. The writing was on the wall when they started to move him around so early. 

Dude I don't ever jock Cle but its been 4 games, people need to chill. If I'm tripping about any DLineman, its Key tbh. Once I looked at Ferrell as a Non-QB-Hunting DE, I got a lot less annoyed. There are good qualities about him though (especially lEaDeRsHiP). I'm lowkey excited to watch him develop but I do wish we took him later than 4.

• Like 1

Man, I can’t believe guys are already writing this kid off like he’s a scrub. Must not get much Clemson games. He’s been solid, I think he needs some help along the defense but the talent and instincts are there. I look forward to seeing him grow as a player. He’s gonna be a huge piece moving forward.

11 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Dude I don't ever jock Cle but its been 4 games, people need to chill. If I'm tripping about any DLineman, its Key tbh. Once I looked at Ferrell as a Non-QB-Hunting DE, I got a lot less annoyed. There are good qualities about him though (especially lEaDeRsHiP). I'm lowkey excited to watch him develop but I do wish we took him later than 4.

As a big fan of Key, I have been thoroughly disapointed in him so far this year. I think Maxx and Cle should start at DE Maxx looks better then Key already. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

As a big fan of Key, I have been thoroughly disapointed in him so far this year. I think Maxx and Cle should start at DE Maxx looks better then Key already. 

Yeah key was looking great until week 2 on.

24 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Yeah key was looking great until week 2 on.

And he's only asked to rush the QB now but he isn't getting there. I think they should give his snaps to Mayowa until further notice. It's still early in the season but Buckner's impact on the development of the young dlinemen hasn't been much so far.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

And he's only asked to rush the QB now but he isn't getting there. I think they should give his snaps to Mayowa until further notice. It's still early in the season but Buckner's impact on the development of the young dlinemen hasn't been much so far.

This is his first year with them so I would cut him a little slack.  It also comes down to how coach-able and how quickly they absorb the information.  Crosby is outplaying his draft position and Ferrell is not but Ferrell is still having an okay rookie year.  I am sure Ferrell will have a better career but it might start off a little slow.  Was Mayowa playing last week?  I think he should get a heavy load this week.  Our sack numbers are better but I really miss Pagano.  Guenther seems to be a 1 trick pony.  All of his pressure seems to rely on a double A gap blitz.  The only other time we get pressure is when the secondary can cover for 5+ seconds.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Mayowa was inactive last week. My post was more about the development of the 2nd year guys than the rookies. Key and Hurst aren't showing much. Hall is looking better though.

Key has athletic limitations and Hurst I have no clue what is going on with him.  Sophomore slump or he does not fit that well in Guenther's scheme maybe.  I really hope it is not complications from his heart.

Clelin needs more time to develop, but that’s why I was upset with the pick.  At #4 we needed production this year.  I wanted Allen, Bush, White, or Oliver(I knew Bosa would be gone).  I won’t write him off as it’s only 4 games into his career, but he doesn’t seem to have close to the athleticism that Burns or Allen have.  I still think he can develop into a solid player, but I don’t ever see him being a great pass rusher.