Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

36 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

You don’t see people have to defend Jacobs with advance stats to show he doesn’t suck. He passes the eye test on sundays and makes plays. Max has outplayed Ferrell. Hopefully Ferrell comes around and finishes strong 💪🏽 

I don't think anyone is doubting that, so why keep repeating it? 

Just my opinion. But I think the Raiders move Ferrell to DT to help him and have him go against a more slower OG than an OT. This is probably something that the Raiders saw early in camp where he wasn't winning a lot of battles against an OT. It's a clear warning sign when you're just drafted and they're already moving you around. 

Didn’t we move Tyler Braxton to LB at one time?!? Not worried about Ferrell because he’ll be solid and not a liability. Is that what you want 4th overall? No but when he’s on the field I don’t expect him to make mental errors and if he gets the occasional sack then great. He’s got 4 years to show us a lot more or no 5th year option or big contract. He won’t be a bust if he’s on the field being solid and not making mistakes. Just overdrafted and that’s not on him. I’d rather have a solid player than a Vernon Golston or Mike Malaga or what’re those athletic freaks names were. Lol

44 minutes ago, G said:

Didn’t we move Tyler Braxton to LB at one time?!? Not worried about Ferrell because he’ll be solid and not a liability. Is that what you want 4th overall? No but when he’s on the field I don’t expect him to make mental errors and if he gets the occasional sack then great. He’s got 4 years to show us a lot more or no 5th year option or big contract. He won’t be a bust if he’s on the field being solid and not making mistakes. Just overdrafted and that’s not on him. I’d rather have a solid player than a Vernon Golston or Mike Malaga or what’re those athletic freaks names were. Lol

That is funny you bring up Brayton because that is who Ferrell reminds me of.  I think the moving him around aspect is just him, Mayowa, and Crosby being on the field at the same time because they are our three best pass rushers.  Crosby and Mayowa are better rush ends and Ferrell needs to be on the field getting the reps.  He will be fine but I think he will always be viewed as over drafted.

Edited by drfrey13

11 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Just my opinion. But I think the Raiders move Ferrell to DT to help him and have him go against a more slower OG than an OT. This is probably something that the Raiders saw early in camp where he wasn't winning a lot of battles against an OT. It's a clear warning sign when you're just drafted and they're already moving you around. 

Mayock literally said when he was drafted they idea was to have him play along the line. You guys are really overthinking this. He's played 5 games, exercise patience 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Mayock literally said when he was drafted they idea was to have him play along the line. You guys are really overthinking this. He's played 5 games, exercise patience 

This.  We really need to slow our role on this thought he is going to be a sack monster.  Ferrell isn't Mack.. I would expect 6-8 sacks a season and solid edge setting when employed at the DE spot and developed.  Solid, not extraordinary.  Not his fault he was taken too early, but this "bust" label at a half of a season in is extra critical.  

• Like 1

The Raiders were screwed picking 4th. They couldn't trade down, so they picked Ferrell at a position of need. Most Raider fans want instant gratification, which is ridiculous. Give the kid a couple of years to see if he develops. If he doesn't and busts, it will suck. But remember the draft is a crap shoot and a lot of high picks bust.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

You don’t see people have to defend Jacobs with advance stats to show he doesn’t suck. He passes the eye test on sundays and makes plays. Max has outplayed Ferrell. Hopefully Ferrell comes around and finishes strong 💪🏽 

Jacobs also has the stats to back up his eye test. He might have an top ten season for a Raider RB his rookie year. 

Ferrell on the other hand hasn’t impressed at all on stats but he also hasn’t been washed out. I don’t think he’s ever going to be a monster on the edge but tbh that’s not what this scheme is asking of him. The pass rusher isn’t on this roster yet in my opinion. Think of Ferrell as like a Charles Johnson type, solid but not elite. I know that might be disappointing but at least he’s not a liability which is the worst case scenario. 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Jacobs also has the stats to back up his eye test. He might have an top ten season for a Raider RB his rookie year. 

Ferrell on the other hand hasn’t impressed at all on stats but he also hasn’t been washed out. I don’t think he’s ever going to be a monster on the edge but tbh that’s not what this scheme is asking of him. The pass rusher isn’t on this roster yet in my opinion. Think of Ferrell as like a Charles Johnson type, solid but not elite. I know that might be disappointing but at least he’s not a liability which is the worst case scenario. 

Charles Johnson has been my comp for his also. 

he’ll be fine, a lot of people writing him off, but it’s all good

Maybe I missed it but I do not see anyone calling him a bust.  Half of us are saying we are disappointed that he was taken 4th when better talent was there and the other half are saying be patient because he has only played half a season.  There is a disconnect in the two sides.  We wanted a better player who was there and many are saying it is not his fault.  Nobody is saying it is Ferrell's fault.  What we are missing is that neither side is happy with his production so far and neither side believes he was the #4 overall prospect.  We should all agree that no matter our opinion now we should all be rooting for him to reach has ceiling.

• Like 2