Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’ll never understand criticism of rookies during their first year. They are learning. I still fully stand by my sentiment that Ferrell is gonna be better than Josh Allen, who is way more one dimensional. Ferrell is gonna be a 8 sack, elite run stop, ball swatting machine. 

we live in an instant gratification, what have you done for me lately, society. It is right in line with the rest of the world

Going through the same thing with Rashan Gary in Packer land.  Patience doesn’t exist in football.  That’s why 100 people said the Bears won the Mack trade.  Lol.  I was a believer in Gruden and the Raiders from the start.  Your team is building a serious contender.  Doesn’t happen overnight.  

• Like 6

I'm here for my humble pie. Ferrell was great last night! If our defense plays at last night's level in terms of pressure and turnovers, and gets back to playing solid against the run, we might be talking playoffs in 6 weeks! Dude balled out so hard. 

People are so quick to forget that Mack didn't have his first sack until like week 8 or 9 of his rookie season and finished with 4 his rookie year... And obviously he was still making an impact on the game in other ways, but he didn't start off as the dominant pass rusher we know today. 

My point isn't that Ferrell is, or will ever be Khalil Mack. He won't be. So very few are. But we have to learn to give these kids some time to grow, develop their bodies, adjust to the speed of the NFL game, become familiar with the playbook, familiar with their roles on the defense, etc. I don't see Ferrell ever being a 15 sack in a season type of guy. But last night showed he can be dominant rushing the passer, defending the run, and even batting down some passes. Him and Crosby have a chance to be bookends, at the very least a solid rotation of ends. Lets just hope Ferrell continues to improve and show flashes. He's got all the tools, and hes put back to back weeks of good to fantastic play. 

@Humble_Beast Nowhere to be found today I see?

Cle is 22, hasn't filled out his frame. He's a hard worker and will get stronger this offseason. A KC fan compared him to Tamba Hali and I like that comparison. Tamba wasn't the flashiest player but produced in a big way. Only a couple seasons with 12+ sacks, but a consistent force for their defense. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

@Humble_Beast Nowhere to be found today I see?

Cle is 22, hasn't filled out his frame. He's a hard worker and will get stronger this offseason. A KC fan compared him to Tamba Hali and I like that comparison. Tamba wasn't the flashiest player but produced in a big way. Only a couple seasons with 12+ sacks, but a consistent force for their defense. 

Ohhhh interesting comparison.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ohhhh interesting comparison.

I liked it to. My comparison has been Chris Long. Similar athletically. Long wasn't a double digit sack guy but 2 years, but always a force inside a defense and a leader on the field. #2 overall pick that nobody complained about his lack of sack production too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I liked it to. My comparison has been Chris Long. Similar athletically. Long wasn't a double digit sack guy but 2 years, but always a force inside a defense and a leader on the field. #2 overall pick that nobody complained about his lack of sack production too.

both good comparisons, this was the first thread I wanted to read today.lol yes, it was a rookie tackle, but.... cle did what he was supposed to do with it,period. only a half for Crosby but 10 pressures is still superb impact.  at least people are enjoying their crow, when youre wrong the right way? it can be tasty...lol. I personally don't think ill be eating it over Ferrell, or carr….or miller, and we all should enjoy their further growth and success together, that's definitely a fact.lol

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Going through the same thing with Rashan Gary in Packer land.  Patience doesn’t exist in football.  That’s why 100 people said the Bears won the Mack trade.  Lol.  I was a believer in Gruden and the Raiders from the start.  Your team is building a serious contender.  Doesn’t happen overnight.  

Sorry but Gary showed nothing in college it beyond me how he was considered a first round pick.