Pick is in, #4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

true2form

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

According to the raiders I think, I mean they had them both in the building on the same day and came away liking Ferrell more.

then don't go Edge - no need for use to be locked into Edge at 4.  The conversation shouldnt be Josh Allen vs Clelin Ferrell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

then don't go Edge - no need for use to be locked into Edge at 4.  The conversation shouldn't be Josh Allen vs Clelin Ferrell.

They thought he was the best one next to Bosa, you go off your rankings not everybody else's. After the championship game everybody was banging the table  for Ferrell now because he didn't run a 40 some people downgrade him, like Mayock said they went by his 3 years of tape which should be your first concern when evaluating a player..

Edited by raidr4life

23 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

then don't go Edge - no need for use to be locked into Edge at 4.  The conversation shouldnt be Josh Allen vs Clelin Ferrell.

The conversation should be Josh Allen and Oliver vs Ferrell because those are the two most people are crying we should have taken.There is nobody else anybody wanted in the spot maybe you can throw in Gary too.Adding White too.

Edited by raidr4life

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

They thought he was the best one next to Bosa, you go off your rankings not everybody else's. After the championship game everybody was banging the table  for Ferrell now because he didn't run a 40 some people downgrade him, like Mayock said they went by his 3 years of tape which should be your first concern when evaluating a player..

Yes, Mayock said he had Ferrell as his DE #2 - doesnt mean that he had Ferrell as his #4 overall player.  This is the issue I and others have, picking based on position instead of value.

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

The conversation should be Josh Allen and Oliver vs Ferrell because those are the two most people are crying we should have taken.

Again, my point was that we didnt need to take an Edge at 4 so its not Allen vs Ferrell.  It's Ferrell vs every other player on the board.

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Barr and Allen were almost identical prospects. 

I mean you can keep saying these things and I can keep disagreeing. You might think Allen and Barr are virtually identical, but I and many others disagree.

17 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

According to the raiders I think, I mean they had them both in the building on the same day and came away liking Ferrell more.

Doesn't mean they can't be wrong. I'd be surprised if Ferrell ended being a better player than Allen.

I would have taken Allen over every other player at 4; so it's not just Ferrell. I believe Allen was clearly a better prospect than White and Oliver.

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Yes, Mayock said he had Ferrell as his DE #2 - doesnt mean that he had Ferrell as his #4 overall player.  This is the issue I and others have, picking based on position instead of value.

Again, my point was that we didnt need to take an Edge at 4 so its not Allen vs Ferrell.  It's Ferrell vs every other player on the board.

You can say we didn't have to take edge at 4 but there were only a handful of players to consider there. it's a little broad to say it's Ferrell vs every other player, if he was Mayocks  2nd best DE how many player realistically can you say he may have had ahead of him.

2 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Devil's advocate: if we picked White over Ferrel, how would everyone feel?

I’d be fine with that. White was my preferred pick there for value purposes. Although I would of picked Ferrell over Oliver and Allen straight up. I feel those two are vastly overrated when I watch their tape. 

But if we went White and no EDGE fell to 24 we’d probably end up with 13 sacks again.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Devil's advocate: if we picked White over Ferrel, how would everyone feel?

I would have been ok if we landed Sweat at 24, but then we could have lost Jacobs, they saying PHI and BAL had there eye on him, also WAS knowing we would probably go DE at 24 could have easily moved up ahead of 24 and nab Sweat then we would have been screwed.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 3