1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yep, and I still love the move.  Two veteran free agent pass rushers to not only teach him, but keep him from being needed and thus failing to meet expectations and picking up bad habits etc. 

If he does turn out to be a bust, I will not regret us not picking Burns, I'll just regret us not taking Lawrence.  Dexter Lawrence on this team and Lord have mercy on anyone trying to play us. 

I liked Burns (went at #16), though he was a bit of a one trick pony (speed round the edge and good lean). I liked Ferrell more (suprisingly went at #4) and he has done very little so far. Most of all I liked DT Jeffery Simmons, though he had an ACL and was never going to play much this year. No-one has any clue about him, yet.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Keep in mind with the PFF scores... The entire 2019 draft class is very low with very few highly rated rookies.  Last I checked, I think Savage and Lawrence were the only two defenders that were anywhere close to high.

It’s clear at this point Gary is a year two project, and I’m fine with that.  

From what I've seen?  Scores in general are low.  We see a score of 70 or something and think that is bad, when in fact, it is pretty good.

Only 11 guards have a score of 70 or better.

Only 20 ILB's have scores of 70 or better.

6 centers and the highest is a 76.

38 receivers.  

18 QB's.  

It is all about perspective.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Wow.  

LOL What's "Wow" about it? You must surprise easily. Its not a difficult or controversial concept and the comment you quoted actually answered your question: 

I'm not arguing against it. Couldnt care less, but if you're adding "subjective" metrics into your calculations you're making arbitrary decisions and changing the formulations relative to other systems. 

Thats *the* point I've been making from the beginning. Sooooooo, what? You have my thoughts already.

I was hoping for Burns at 12. I get he was undersized, but his burst was/is elite. I didn’t want Simmons but in 1 game was dominant.

Juryis still out on Gary. Never expected much this year. Love the upside, just mentally hasn’t put it together. Hoping for the second half jump

8 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I liked Burns (went at #16), though he was a bit of a one trick pony (speed round the edge and good lean). I liked Ferrell more (suprisingly went at #4) and he has done very little so far. Most of all I liked DT Jeffery Simmons, though he had an ACL and was never going to play much this year. No-one has any clue about him, yet.

Simmons is already playing.  And though the sample size is small, he looks like he could become the best player in the draft.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

LOL What's "Wow" about it? You must surprise easily. Its not a difficult or controversial concept and the comment you quoted actually answered your question: 

I'm not arguing against it. Couldnt care less, but if you're adding "subjective" metrics into your calculations you're making arbitrary decisions and changing the formulations relative to other systems. 

Thats *the* point I've been making from the beginning. Sooooooo, what? You have my thoughts already.

I was curious to hear your thoughts.  I do not recall them.  But, I'm casually dismissed.  Cool.  I'll remember that in your posts going forward.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Simmons is already playing.  And though the sample size is small, he looks like he could become the best player in the draft.

20 snaps.  Clark was the #2 DL when he had about four times that many snaps.  Now he's no where near the top of the leader board.  Let's see how it plays out.

But...his first 20 snaps are impressive.  90.7!

Just now, vegas492 said:

I was curious to hear your thoughts.  I do not recall them.  But, I'm casually dismissed.  Cool.  I'll remember that in your posts going forward.

Again...LOL. I didnt dismiss anything - I'd answered them already - in the comment you quoted. You dont understand something - or somethings unclear - fine, let me know. Other than that, its kinda been addressed no?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Again...LOL. I didnt dismiss anything - I'd answered them already - in the comment you quoted. You dont understand something - or somethings unclear - fine, let me know. Other than that, its kinda been addressed no?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I've given my thoughts multiple times now.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Yes. Correct statement. So?  You want me to jumble the words around and say the same thing differently? Not sure why that should be necessary but apparently length of dialog matters more than the content of it.

49 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yes. Correct statement. So?  You want me to jumble the words around and say the same thing differently? Not sure why that should be necessary but apparently length of dialog matters more than the content of it.