1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

39 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Yeah, I wasn't calling you out on anything. I was just pointing out there were a lot of mouth breathers here ranting about his early production when he was  drafted as a developmental prospect.

:)

I'm also not saying that I wasn't a "mouth breather" who was disappointed in the Gary selection and his production as a rookie.  I was.

But he's clearly gotten much better and he really put it together last night.  Still wish he had more in his pass rush department, but he is becoming an all around force on the defense.  Love that he can take some of those inside reps from Z.

2 seasons in the book (not including playoffs)

I would say for year 2 I would say he met expectations. He still has a way to go, but is definitely trending up. PFF has him as a 67 which is solid.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/rashan-gary/42905

If he plays like he did the last 8 games all of year 3, he'll be a nice 8-12 sack piece that has the ability to be a complete edge

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

2 seasons in the book (not including playoffs)

I would say for year 2 I would say he met expectations. He still has a way to go, but is definitely trending up. PFF has him as a 67 which is solid.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/rashan-gary/42905

If he plays like he did the last 8 games all of year 3, he'll be a nice 8-12 sack piece that has the ability to be a complete edge

I agree.

But...I think he is already a complete EDGE.  No doubt he will get even better, but he can play the run, he plays with hustle and he's around the QB.

I feel like he's an 8-10 sack guy this year if we would stop playing a weaker zone that allows for very quick and easy completions.  

No issues at all with what he has done this year....and it could get even better.

• 2 weeks later...