1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You joke, but Gary at 295 would make a kick *** 5T I wouldn't be at all upset if they tried to get him up to 295 and did just that. 

I was serious. It kills 2 birds with one stone. And it may be the only option. Otherwise I just keep seeing bad Nick Perry where setting the edge becomes a reason to celebrate cuz there's no way he's getting home. At 6'-5" and 280 it shouldn't be a difficult leap.

Edited by cannondale

When I first saw Gary's listed measurements(the 270 lb. in particular), I DID see that as being large enough to be a 5T on the line... In fact, I had flashes to Cullen Jenkins, who took the DL's overall effectiveness with him when he left for free agency after our last Super Bowl win.

Putting him on the edge, after already signing the Smiths, already put a cap on the future grade of that draft pick. The fact that he hasn't fully produced, even in admittedly limited quantities, is even more problematic. This isn't Michigan, where his athleticism could legitly bother Collegiate teams and open the door for his teammates to make plays. The NFL regularly has starting tackles who can contend with that athletic template. It's almost a non-starter as far as the conversation goes.

I'll eat my words if things turn out differently, but I have to admit I'm just not seeing it.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 4:59 PM, Packerraymond said:

Forum has gotten abrasive lately, we were sadly a more cohesive place when we sucked. Now the teams good and we suck. I mostly blame @Norm

The demographics on this sub were different when we sucked (and before that). The last two years it seems like there’s been a huge influx of new posters, which I’m not saying is bad thing, but it seemed like from 2008-2017 it was the same guys pretty much that weren’t blind to sarcasm and joking around. There’s like a civil war on this sub it seems now lol. I don’t care and personally enjoy watching it play out, but that’s definitely where the “abrasiveness” stems from. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

The demographics on this sub were different when we sucked (and before that). The last two years it seems like there’s been a huge influx of new posters, which I’m not saying is bad thing, but it seemed like from 2008-2017 it was the same guys pretty much that weren’t blind to sarcasm and joking around. There’s like a civil war on this sub it seems now lol. I don’t care and personally enjoy watching it play out, but that’s definitely where the “abrasiveness” stems from. 

Whats this "civil war" you're referring to?

Political talk is kept to a bare minimum. The "Ain't Packer Talk" thread is fairly innocuous discussions about news items, songs, video games etc.

The Kaepernick chatter was a short lived affair. An interesting but rehash of old opinions mostly - and also mostly civil.

Where's this "civil war" chatter taking place?

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Whats this "civil war" you're referring to?

Political talk is kept to a bare minimum. The "Ain't Packer Talk" thread is fairly innocuous discussions about news items, songs, video games etc.

The Kaepernick chatter was a short lived affair. An interesting but rehash of old opinions mostly - and also mostly civil.

Where's this "civil war" chatter taking place?

i was in a much different state of mind 9 hours ago where i decided to create a narrative that most individuals probably won't agree with. i don't know why i chose to do that lol. but there's no literal civil war. there's been a band of guys in the past two years who've joined who are all seemingly the same guy. i know they're not the same guy. it's different guys who are all seemingly the same guy. a large portion of them get upset when any kind of discussion is occurring about the packers that could be seen as negative and say insults that are so elementary in their design that it baffles me. or when people that've been posting here for like a decade do the things they've been doing for a decade, derailing threads with nonsense and jokes, the passive aggressive jabs come out nonstop, which it's like whatever, but it sours the mood for sure. and threads should stay and topic, so the mods should applaud you guys. but i'm just saying the forum was static for so long with how it was and then when the influx of new guys occurred it was kind of culture shock to how things were going before. the culture of this forum, which is the only thing that forums have over social media like twitter and what not, has definitely been being tampered with over the past couple years. that's not calling anyone out or saying it's bad, but it's resulted in more passive aggressive energy than we've ever seen on the forum from my perspective, which gets a lot of guys to respond more "abrasively", which was the point i was originally trying to make with raymond there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i was in a much different state of mind 9 hours ago where i decided to create a narrative that most individuals probably won't agree with. i don't know why i chose to do that lol. but there's no literal civil war. there's been a band of guys in the past two years who've joined who are all seemingly the same guy. i know they're not the same guy. it's different guys who are all seemingly the same guy. a large portion of them get upset when any kind of discussion is occurring about the packers that could be seen as negative and say insults that are so elementary in their design that it baffles me. or when people that've been posting here for like a decade do the things they've been doing for a decade, derailing threads with nonsense and jokes, the passive aggressive jabs come out nonstop, which it's like whatever, but it sours the mood for sure. and threads should stay and topic, so the mods should applaud you guys. but i'm just saying the forum was static for so long with how it was and then when the influx of new guys occurred it was kind of culture shock to how things were going before. the culture of this forum, which is the only thing that forums have over social media like twitter and what not, has definitely been being tampered with over the past couple years. that's not calling anyone out or saying it's bad, but it's resulted in more passive aggressive energy than we've ever seen on the forum from my perspective, which gets a lot of guys to respond more "abrasively", which was the point i was originally trying to make with raymond there. 

This was excellently put

Okay. Thanks for that @FinneasGage

I wont quote it for size/space reasons and its got a certain "stream of consciousness" form to it - but I think I get it.

For my part, I'll say it straight. I didnt come here with - nor do I have any interest - in changing how things were/are being done. I dont agree with the "superstition" thing. sorry, I just dont buy into it personally (or not a "Believer" so to speak.....) - but now that (I think....) I know when such a "reverse superstition" thread has been created, I can get it's context.

GDT's......

Again - this whole "superstition" thing has just served (IMO) to delay the issuance of the GDT and caused it to hop, skip and jump around to whomever is deemed worthy of producing a "good one" that particular week. Fine. Even though I dont acknowledge the game results are tied in any way with the creation of the GDT - I got it. I just wish you folks would figure it out quicker/easier and get it done.

The passive aggressive part....

Just not my style. I dont come on here to give anybody **** - neither do I come on here to take it. I would think those should be values we share along with our interest to discuss the GBPs, but its not always the case. I bring data to the board I find along the way for interest and discussion purposes. You like it. Fine. Dont like it. Fine. They dont represent my opinions. So no chance I'm gonna take it personal. I enjoy doing it, think it enhances to forum and will continue.

Trolling....

Is prohibited on the board rules - but in truth, it shouldnt have to be. Regardless, should some persons want to troll me. Not a problem. It's truly a Moderator issue...but eventually and until / if the Moderators intercede, I can (and will) address it directly.  Thats certainly not preferred - but it is what it is.

Ageism.....

This recent thing thats popped up about "the decrepits?" Not sure where or why thats been raised, but I dont buy into that at all. At all.  It has no place in a public forum like this. I dont read people's words and try to devine their age of "characterize" their words based on my own perception of their age. Face value works just fine.

So - I agree with you entirely.....there is no "civil war" and (again) thanks for getting back to me. 

If we cant discuss football......*football*.....and treat each other with some semblance of mutual respect. It speaks far worse about us as individuals than the "football knowledge" revealed by our words.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 5:06 AM, FinneasGage said:

FWIW I'm new and the sarcasm and joking around is why I show up.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 5:34 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

You joke, but Gary at 295 would make a kick *** 5T I wouldn't be at all upset if they tried to get him up to 295 and did just that. 

I've been pounding the table for this (I'm sure some are sick of hearing it from me but I'm going to keep saying it anyway).  I'm telling you, get the guy at or around 300, park him next to Clark, and just let those two wreck **** up front.  If he's going to thrive anywhere, I really think there's where it's going to be.

On 11/25/2019 at 3:53 PM, Leader said:

Okay. Thanks for that @FinneasGage

I wont quote it for size/space reasons and its got a certain "stream of consciousness" form to it - but I think I get it.

For my part, I'll say it straight. I didnt come here with - nor do I have any interest - in changing how things were/are being done. I dont agree with the "superstition" thing. sorry, I just dont buy into it personally (or not a "Believer" so to speak.....) - but now that (I think....) I know when such a "reverse superstition" thread has been created, I can get it's context.

GDT's......

Again - this whole "superstition" thing has just served (IMO) to delay the issuance of the GDT and caused it to hop, skip and jump around to whomever is deemed worthy of producing a "good one" that particular week. Fine. Even though I dont acknowledge the game results are tied in any way with the creation of the GDT - I got it. I just wish you folks would figure it out quicker/easier and get it done.

The passive aggressive part....

Just not my style. I dont come on here to give anybody **** - neither do I come on here to take it. I would think those should be values we share along with our interest to discuss the GBPs, but its not always the case. I bring data to the board I find along the way for interest and discussion purposes. You like it. Fine. Dont like it. Fine. They dont represent my opinions. So no chance I'm gonna take it personal. I enjoy doing it, think it enhances to forum and will continue.

Trolling....

Is prohibited on the board rules - but in truth, it shouldnt have to be. Regardless, should some persons want to troll me. Not a problem. It's truly a Moderator issue...but eventually and until / if the Moderators intercede, I can (and will) address it directly.  Thats certainly not preferred - but it is what it is.

Ageism.....

This recent thing thats popped up about "the decrepits?" Not sure where or why thats been raised, but I dont buy into that at all. At all.  It has no place in a public forum like this. I dont read people's words and try to devine their age of "characterize" their words based on my own perception of their age. Face value works just fine.

So - I agree with you entirely.....there is no "civil war" and (again) thanks for getting back to me. 

If we cant discuss football......*football*.....and treat each other with some semblance of mutual respect. It speaks far worse about us as individuals than the "football knowledge" revealed by our words.

You must be a blast at parties.