1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

9 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Dammit lol.  I had the site open for a while and forgot to refresh.  At least I think that's what I did.  I really need to just go to bed.

Someone just bumped the thread with a gif and that's what was right before it is what happened I think. It happens 

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Someone just bumped the thread with a gif and that's what was right before it is what happened I think. It happens 

I’m glad it was bumped - I totally missed Finn’s essay on the evolution of our board since 2008.  Gold.

FWIW, I have literally nothing of substance to provide to most discussions here.  I come for the witty banter and to sometimes watch as folks come unglued over trivial things.  And to learn from those much, much smarter than me about the X’s and O’s.  This place is a giant dysfunctional family, that on most days, I can’t wait to log in for.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Best snap of the year from him easily. Clear and decisive win and not a bull rush. 

Watch it again.  I think that play shows the strengths and weaknesses to Gary.

Very quick and fast for such a large man.  And...stiff.  If he could sink his hips and make a turn, that's a sack.  But he can't and he has to run a very wide arc and gets there too late for a sack.

A good rep?  Yes.  

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Watch it again.  I think that play shows the strengths and weaknesses to Gary.

Very quick and fast for such a large man.  And...stiff.  If he could sink his hips and make a turn, that's a sack.  But he can't and he has to run a very wide arc and gets there too late for a sack.

A good rep?  Yes.  

I think expecting anyone to bend that at full speed is unrealistic. That's not a wide arc to me. That's a sack on a 7 step drop or a 5 step drop with interior pressure. The way it was Haskins felt the heat and stepped up in a sack. 

• Like 4

On 12/10/2019 at 10:29 AM, Packerraymond said:

I think expecting anyone to bend that at full speed is unrealistic. That's not a wide arc to me. That's a sack on a 7 step drop or a 5 step drop with interior pressure. The way it was Haskins felt the heat and stepped up in a sack. 

Haskins is in the shotgun and retreats backwards.  You think he wasn't as deep in that set as a standard 5 step dropback?  To me it looks like he is 8 yards deep after he drops when he gets the snap.

As far as his arc goes, where are his hips again?  He's stiff.  There's not much bend there at all.  He's running full speed while pretty much standing up straight.

I do like the rep, but it does show what Gary needs to work on.  

10 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Gary is improving.  He’s looked pretty solid the last couple of weeks.  He’s still far from being a force, but I am excited to see what he looks like with a full offseason to work on his rush moves.  

I thought he had some really good reps against the Bears.  He's getting more now, and I dare say, doing more with them.

I kind of like seeing him with his hands down and exploding off of the line.  Keeps him lower and dang he is explosive.

If he can ever learn to handfight he's gonna be a handful.  Love that pressure set with the Smiths, Gary and Clark.