1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

This will be an interesting. 

Not my type of pass rusher, and I thought the lack of hip flexibility might eliminate him for the Packers board. 

He was the #1 recruit in the nation out of HS so the blah blah hip stufff is bunk. Seems he needs some technique and has to prove he is coachable. A bit of a disappointment when this team needs offense. I do trust Gute

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gizmo2012 said:

He was the #1 recruit in the nation out of HS so the blah blah hip stufff is bunk. Seems he needs some technique and has to prove he is coachable. A bit of a disappointment when this team needs offense. I do trust Gute

What the... 

Interesting tidbit, I kind of like this pick because everyone can move around in this defense. I suspect this was a big fit pick, also the athleticism is intriguing. Having the Smiths there now makes me feel better about this pick. Healthy rotation.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can talk myself into this.

Where he's going to play should be there talk of camp. He can play any of them 3-9

That's kind of my opinion on it.  I get that none of the EDGE probably stood out.  Gary has versatility on his side.  And probably upside too.  He's not going to have the issues in the run game that Burns likely has.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

12 sacks as a rookie is my prediction right now. 

I'm on record as liking this pick.  Packers don't often pick poor personalities in round one, and the one knock on him seems to be about his personality/effort. 

He's the only guy who was a better athlete than Brian Burns. I can get into this pic. Like people have said depends how Pettine uses him.. Go pack

• Like 1