1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

2 minutes ago, GWH87 said:

Just a heads up to somebody with no idea.... they announced him as a LB, he’s not playing DE in base oppo Daniels. His traits are big physical edge, he didn’t play in the right position at Michigan. He had dropped to mid 20s in most recent boards/drafts. Its on Pettine now.

Gary is 280 lbs = not a LB

Just now, vegas492 said:

Huge upside, huge bust risk.  

Well, I didn't throw up in my mouth, but it felt like someone kicked me in the groin.

RAS scores at DE, DL and LB are eerily similar to Ed Oliver.  We got an amazing athlete.  Now the coaches have to get it out of him.

Thinking Gil Brandt said it best about this pick, "Good luck, Green Bay".

I would be Okay if he remained at DE but he was announced as a LB. Moving positions as a project player is not what you want at 12.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Player A: 6'4 3/8", 269 lbs, 34" arm, 9 7/8" hands, 4.65 40 yard, 1.62 10 yard, 4.41 20 yard SS, 7.37 3 cone, 36" vertical, 10'1" broad, 24 BP
Player B: 6'4", 277 lbs 34 1/8" arm, 9 5/8" hands, 4.58 40 yard, 1.63 10 yard , 4.29 20 yard SS, 7.26 3 cone, 38" vertical, 12" broad, 26 BP

Player is Bradley Chubb, Player B is Rashan Gary.

We can only hope! 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Our two current starting OLBs are 265 (Preston Smith) and 272 (Za'Darius Smith).  No reason to think Gary can't cut 10ish pounds.

https://www.packers.com/news/quick-pick-packers-select-michigan-de-rashan-gary-at-no-12-overall

They have him listed as a LB on the Packers website. He was announced as a LB in the draft when they picked him too.

• Like 1

Man, anybody saying Gary can't play EDGE should watch him play.  I just watched some and it does not look physically possible for someone that big to move that quickly.  He has that ability.

He checks all the boxes for me.

Under 22.
Premium position.
Two first names. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Player A: 6'4 3/8", 269 lbs, 34" arm, 9 7/8" hands, 4.65 40 yard, 1.62 10 yard, 4.41 20 yard SS, 7.37 3 cone, 36" vertical, 10'1" broad, 24 BP
Player B: 6'4", 277 lbs 34 1/8" arm, 9 5/8" hands, 4.58 40 yard, 1.63 10 yard , 4.29 20 yard SS, 7.26 3 cone, 38" vertical, 12" broad, 26 BP

Player is Bradley Chubb, Player B is Rashan Gary.

This is a very good start to talking myself into this pick. 

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Some would call that classic underachiever 

Except he's not. Dude ate up blocks so Winovich and Bush could thrive. They owe their NFL check to that man. As was mentioned, he was the guy other teams schemed against and double/triple teamed. 

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Here's that Gil Brandt quote someone referenced. 

I have no horse in the race, I just wanted to see exactly what he said after it was mentioned.

lol that's totally false tbh. Not everything is projected on paper. He may not have had the numbers but Michigan doesn't become an elite defense without him. You saw what happened to them once he got hurt/wasn't himself. They folded.