1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

9 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I'm here to read great football analysis and great jokes, and y'all are all out of great jokes

You're from Spain but you just used y'all. This blew my mind that a person from a country with the Language of Love would stoop to using slang from the worst part of the US.

5 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

You're from Spain but you just used y'all. This blew my mind that a person from a country with the Language of Love would stoop to using slang from the worst part of the US.

I needed to emphasize that it wasn't just a singular "you" that ran out of great jokes, but a plural "you". Just be thankful I didn't go for "all of y'all".

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Y'all is a great word. I'm a northerner who's only otherwise lived in California, and I know plenty of people who use that even if they're not from the south. It's a heck of a lot better than Pittsburgh and yinz/yunz...

3 hours ago, chillparsi1 said:

Y'all is a great word. I'm a northerner who's only otherwise lived in California, and I know plenty of people who use that even if they're not from the south. It's a heck of a lot better than Pittsburgh and yinz/yunz...

"Ya'll" is also better than saying "I seen" or "I says".

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 9:35 PM, HighCalebR said:

would stoop to using slang from the worst part of the US.

y'all is one of the best US words.  Also, spain and most romance languages have words for the plural "you" e.g. Vosotros.  It would be natural for a spanish speaker who knows english to embrace a word like y'all.

• Like 2

Paraphrased from today's interview: Mike Smith, Gary's position coach, said today in his 11 years in the league he's never seen anyone like Gary. Had him ranked as his top prospect in the draft and was surprised he was there at 12.  Compared him as a bit of a hybrid of Justin Houston and Dee Ford. With Houston's strength and Dee's explosion.

Said he met him at the combine and instantly knew he loved football.

Edited by Arthur Penske