CWood21

1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

9 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I'm here to read great football analysis and great jokes, and y'all are all out of great jokes

You're from Spain but you just used y'all. This blew my mind that a person from a country with the Language of Love would stoop to using slang from the worst part of the US.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

You're from Spain but you just used y'all. This blew my mind that a person from a country with the Language of Love would stoop to using slang from the worst part of the US.

Probably from southern Spain...

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

People from California don't say y'all.

5 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I needed to emphasize that it wasn't just a singular "you" that ran out of great jokes, but a plural "you". Just be thankful I didn't go for "all of y'all".

10 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I needed to emphasize that it wasn't just a singular "you" that ran out of great jokes, but a plural "you". Just be thankful I didn't go for "all of y'all".

Gotta leave the "of"' out- it is "all y'all"

23 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Y'all is a great word. I'm a northerner who's only otherwise lived in California, and I know plenty of people who use that even if they're not from the south. It's a heck of a lot better than Pittsburgh and yinz/yunz...

3 hours ago, chillparsi1 said:

Y'all is a great word. I'm a northerner who's only otherwise lived in California, and I know plenty of people who use that even if they're not from the south. It's a heck of a lot better than Pittsburgh and yinz/yunz...

"Ya'll" is also better than saying "I seen" or "I says".

11 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

"Ya'll" is also better than saying "I seen" or "I says".

OMFG yes. I hate reading "I seen". They seen, he seen, she seen, we seen. STOP.

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

OMFG yes. I hate reading "I seen". They seen, he seen, she seen, we seen. STOP.

:( I'm ****ed

Edited by Norm

On 5/16/2019 at 9:35 PM, HighCalebR said:

would stoop to using slang from the worst part of the US.

y'all is one of the best US words.  Also, spain and most romance languages have words for the plural "you" e.g. Vosotros.  It would be natural for a spanish speaker who knows english to embrace a word like y'all.